Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long handle metal detector shovel recommendation

Been using the Lesche for the last few years. Around 31” long and absolutely love it. It’s solid as a tank and can slice through tree roots.

Attachments

• B781B67D-DA89-4E3F-AE09-17112256A504.jpeg
    B781B67D-DA89-4E3F-AE09-17112256A504.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 73A61553-0F5A-4E05-A581-6D400FB7C756.jpeg
    73A61553-0F5A-4E05-A581-6D400FB7C756.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 94

Have had this for couple years now, really like the way it's blade is curved. Makes a very nice plug,and built like a tank.​

Model 24 - The Phoenix - Shovel​

I use an Excalibur Shovel. Local Utah guy makes them and can customize length if needed. Several options on his website. Have used it for 5+ years and it's been great in all conditions.

Last edited:
I use a Lesche King of Spades - http://www.wwmfg.com/default.asp?contentID=1114 I bought it when I was 19 yrs old... (37 years ago - went fast) I had a landscaping business... and I kept breaking shovels... I paid a whopping 55.00 back then... I think they're about 80.00 now... as I moved into construction... My Super Shovel came with... I've striped roofs... sub flooring... dug trenches... pried, poked, chopped, banged.... I never bent... or broke it... I take super shovel every time I go dirt fishing.... It digs a nice size square plug... when I put the plug back... and tamp it in... you can't hardly tell I was there... blade edge to handle top 40 inches brand new... Mine has a little wear on it... It measures 38 1/2.....:lol: All I can say is I'm rough on tools... and this one is still worth every dime....

Attachments

• ks1.jpg
    ks1.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 88
  • ks2.jpg
    ks2.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 93
  • ks3.jpg
    ks3.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 94
I have a 36" Lesche T handle digger with serrated edges. I've owned it for at least 10 years and its as strong and sharp as it ever was. Having degenerated discs L1 and L2, it doubles as a walking stick, I couldn't detect without it. It also makes a nice self-defense weapon if you ever need one out in the woods.

I use a Lesche King of Spades - http://www.wwmfg.com/default.asp?contentID=1114 I bought it when I was 19 yrs old... (37 years ago - went fas
I believe the Lesche you got 37 years ago is now a Predator tool. Lesche Co today is different then Lesche back then. Todays' Predator Co was the original Lesche. Anyway, I use Predator, they really stand up. HH jim tn Think they split up, predator by George Lesche. W. W.. Manufacturing Co., Inc.'s founder, Walter Lesche, immigrated from Germany to the United States of America in 1952,