Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Long overdue silver coin

I have owned Misty my CTX since the first shipments of these amazing machines. I have spent alot of my time in the lakes as water season is short here and as already winding down 6 silver rings this year. I have been hitting a few old local parks an hour here and there and finding plenty of coins masked by trash and iron. In fact several Wheats most pre 1930 in pounded parks, today I hit an old park I had not taken Misty for a walk in yet. This park is not to old 1930's but is near the High School and a few other buildings dating back to the 20's. This park is trashy and very unforgiving ground conditions, lots of rocks and sloped land. The very back end has a semi flat clean area. Which I have pounded with my SE Pro and my AT Pro and other then fresh drop clad very few coins have turned up here. I however, pulled 18 coins today about 6 were fresh drops the others were truly buried I managed a deep 9 " wheat 1924 and my first silver war nickel with the CTX 1945 P at 6" 12 18 soild repeatable; ferrous coin deep on; combined auto +3. I almost did not dig it but the target trace was solid and the id never bounced strong clean audio. I know it is only part silver an just a war nickel but I hope this my silver ice breaker and just shows yet again the power of the CTX to provide so much more data to help pull the hidden treasure.

War nic's are cool and it sounds like you are getting the depth, so it is just a matter of time.........:beers:

Take care of Misty, and she will take care of you. Are you trying any high manual sensivity settings in your parks? If not, try juicing that baby up to 27 or so in manual and see what pops out.

I will try that squirrel and see if I cannot pull anything else thanks