Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

look at this want is it

The one's that scream.."Please..flush your money down the toilet instead !!" :rofl:

No really...I am only going by what I have read. Anyone else care to chime-in?

It's a crock, don't waste your money. You can use bent coat hangers and get the same results.

If he sells a bunch of them LOL

I think it proves that P.T. Barnum was right.

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Jerry

It's a racket. They sell one, then charge a 40% restocking fee, then sell it again to the next fool.

Yeah, you can find photos of the "circuit board" on the net... it's a calculator and a coil of wire... You could find coins with a stick and silly-putty faster than with this thing!

I was at a detector shop in Utah and this guy came in trying to sell one. He said he needed the money.I guess it didn't work to good.
Willard in Spokane

Hey Jabbo, no, not the same results ! The coat hangers have actually been proven to work for finding some things. Water, for one, and also on GRAVES. Do a Google on "Grave Dowsing" and learn some interesting stuff. HH, Charlie

Desert Dog, all the answers you have received so far, are all wrong! Because they DO work. Afterall, how else can you/they explain the pictures in the advertisements, of the guys posing next to the jars of silver and gold coins they found with theirs? Huh?? huh? Can't argue with photographic evidence, can you? :surrender:

And if anyone tries to tell they tried one, and found that it DIDN'T find treasure, it doesn't mean the machine doesn't work. It merely means the user didn't use it correctly. That is, they need more PRACTICE, patience, etc... So for example: If they tried it for 6 months, and it didn't find a jar of gold or silver coins, then of course, they need to stick to it for a year. And so forth, and so on. I mean, afterall: do you really think a guy is going to pick up a metal detector, and find silver and gold coins on his first day out? No! of course not! He'll find foil, tabs, clad, etc.... So why the double standard for the LRLs? Obviously sour grapes for those that didn't take the time to learn to use them properly.

So there! :nono:

In answer to your question, they are so-called long range treasure finders called Electroscopes and shame on anyone who buys one!

It has been proven time and time again, test after test, long range or short, they simply do not work. Sure there are videos showing them finding treasures but when the treasure was planted by someone not involved in the outcome, the only thing the operator found was his way home..........empty handed. I remember reading that there was a large reward offered to someone who could prove that they really worked and I believe the reward still goes unclaimed. I think I remember reading it on Geotech if someone wanted to do the research.

It was Geotech and so far there are no takers.

Jerry

n/t

I disagree those things help the guys that make them put treasure in their pockets.

Larry & Jerry, if you follow those challenges, you will see that the LRL/dowsing proponents have already given satisfactory explanation to their refusal to enter into these staged tests. As much as I wish the mere declining to be tested, was proof of something's inability to work, it (the declining) doesn't prove they don't work. The proponents have all their bases covered there, for their reasons for declining the tests. They will go on and on about how the tests can be flawed, skewed, corrupted, etc... So for example: one test, where a LRL or dowser appeared to fail, was explained away by the proponents of the devices, by saying that the doubters (the guys with metal detectors) had some sort of jamming device, like magnets in their pockets, for instance, that obstructed the rods from working properly. "Those dastardly detectorists!! See if I ever engage in one of their childish contests ever again!!" And other such claims that the tests won't be fair. Ie.: "who plants the test target? How do we know they're impartial ....... and not simply 'on the side' of the anti-LRL crowd?" You see, if the anti LRL crowd sets up the contest (ie.: picks the field, picks the type target, picks the person who is to plant it, etc.... Then by MERE definition, it is already unfair to the LRL crowd, who is easy prey for hanky-panky staged corruption of various sorts. Hard to argue with this logic, isn't it Larry & Jerry?

And Jerry, for anyone who says, as you did: "It has been proven time and time again ...... they simply do not work." The proponents will simply come to the table with a jar of gold or silver coins, that they say WAS found with their LRL. So they too, would simply turn your statement around, and say: "It has been proven time and time again, they simply do work." (I mean, afterall, you can't argue with a treasure sitting right in front of you, can you?" And if you try to claim photographic fakery (ie.: false advertising, etc...), then so too, can the LRL proponents, question the "supposed" coins and treasures found with metal detectors, eh? Why the double standard? And do YOU find gold and silver every time you go out with your detector? No, of course not. We have days with no goodies all the time, right? And for example: perhaps I've found 12 gold coins with my detector, and another guy, detecting for the SAME amount of time, has found zero gold coins. Does this mean that his detector "doesn't work"? No, of course not. It just means he didn't have the right skills, patience, research for good sites, etc.... So too is it with LRLs (the proponents will say), that just like detectors, it takes patience patience patience, research, skill, etc... Why the double standard? If it didn't work for you, then you simply weren't doing it right, didn't practice long enough, and ..... heck, maybe there's just no jars of gold or silver in the place you happen to be detecting at?

So you see, all the things you've said, they've got their "bases covered", with come-backs that seem un-assailable.

So are you saying that metal detector manufacturers shouldn't be able to make a profit then? I mean, if you start a metal detector company, and invest hard work, time, and startup $$ to make a company, wouldn't it be fair (and your goal, for pete's sake) to eventually turn a profit? Lest why be in business at all? Since when is it wrong for someone to make a profit?

If the LRL Co's "profit" were proof of the machine's inability to work, then perhaps we all need to go look at how much $$ Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, and Whites have made for their owners? If we see them driving a Lexus, perhaps we need to question the ability of their products to work, their honesty, their morals, etc....?

Why the double standard?

Some place I got lost!!!!

I can bring a jar of gold coins to the table and say my pencil found them too, BUT........... :biggrin: