Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Look what I found in my yard!

Whitetail

Was searching my yard and got a strange signal.. I have loads of nails in my yard from a fire which burned the back of the 1800's home I live in back in the 70's. Both the buffalo and the 2c piece came out of the same hole along with some nails. You can see where one of the nails was resting on the buffalo.
The 2c piece seems to be in awesome condition.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on finding something from your old haunt!

NebTrac

Nice finds from your yard!

WOW, that is awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Nice job on he 2 cent piece.I've also found a 1865 2 cent.Mine also has the green patina.Just soap and water on that coin.Don't clean off that papina.Your right it seems to be in great shape.You don't see to many 2 cent pieces.Now all we have to do is find a 3 cent piece. HH all

Unreal!! That is spectacular...how cool is that? Great job and great pics. Thanks for sharing!!! When I got my first and only 2 cent piece...I thought I had a token. lol.

Thanks guys. Yeah..I don't know how a buffalo and a 1865 2c piece ended up in the same hole. Like I said this is my yard and the home was built in 1814 according to town records. A loss at two different time periods perhaps? I don't lose'm l just find'm. :wiggle: Last year, with my other detector, I found 15 wheaties in one hole....go figure. I have a ton of nails/iron in the yard and am pretty sure there are more coins hiding. I've hunted my yard hundreds of times and each time I think it is hunted out...I find something else.

Nice, my yard only contains weeds and a couple of sweet rotted-out zinc pennies. I have to go a lot further to find coins like that.

It is odd that those two coins were hanging out together. Maybe the buffalo was hungry so it stopped in to munch down on some wheat?!?!

Congrats! -Marc

Excellent !

Very Nice!!!!!! I found Several 2 cents peices this year in an old farm field. Never had found one before, so It was an awsome feeling. Planted in beans this year so now if they would just get it picked.

Is your Buffalo on raised mound? If so, it is a 1913 Buffalo. We clean our nickels with quadruple ot very fine steel wool. See link: Very fine steel wool

Also, we soak our coppers in olive oil for a few days and then pick at them with toothpick. However, you might like your coins just the way they are but in case you were going to clean them...just an FYI of what we do.

Have you tried hunting your yard in TTF?......nge