Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looking to get a Nox..

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guys
Been using detectors since the 80's..am sure this has been discussed here on the forum.
Looking to get my first Minelab..
Considering the Nox 600 or 800 will only be relic hunting and perhaps beach hunting couple times.a year...
Trying a friends 800 ..the flutie sounds will take some getting used to...
What will I be loosing if I get the 600 instead of the 800....
Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance....joe

The biggest difference is having more adjustability range in the iron bias, and recovery speed.
They both operate at five frequencies, but you can run all single frequencies on the 800.
There are some other features on the 800 too that you may or may not be interested in.
In a nut shell, performance wise they are both great machines.

..the flutie sounds will take some getting used to...

You can adjust the tones 1,2,5 or 50 on the 800 as well as the pitch of the tone. Having more control over the features on the 800 is well worth it. Throw in the WM08 and wireless headphones as well and the 800 is the better value.

Hey Guys
Been using detectors since the 80's..am sure this has been discussed here on the forum.
Looking to get my first Minelab..
Considering the Nox 600 or 800 will only be relic hunting and perhaps beach hunting couple times.a year...
Trying a friends 800 ..the flutie sounds will take some getting used to...
Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance....joe
I have the 600 it works fine for me , the 600 and 800 are identical in hunting and uses the same frequencies in multi or other modes with 1 exception with the 800 has a gold mode that uses 20 and 40 kHz frequency useful for prospecting only imo . 800 has extra programs Modes you can save certain settings

I am here in Birmingham, land of mineralized dirt and massive iron issues...masking is a major problem here but my 800 deals with that very well and the multi-q gets surprisingly deep with decently accurate ID's.
Most of the time.
You can adjust the tones and pitch on most of the region's and numbers on the 800 so getting that "fluty" sound is possible if set right for that sound...the 600 has some adjustments possible also, but less to play with than available on the 800.
I can remember only hearing that specific, fluty tone only once but it was over a bucketlister barber dime so that was fun.
Otherwise, the tones and numbers should give you some very good data no matter how you set it.

The adjustability in tones, volumes, user profile button and disc, along with the full wireless system mentioned above makes the 800 a no brainer. This isn’t saying the 600 is “inferior”....it’s saying, for the more experienced hunter, that the 800 has more stuff you can tweak that is useful should you need to. Again, the wireless module makes up the difference in price by itself...

I agree with IDXMonster, for me wireless is the deciding factor, having ,y headphones getting caught in the brush too many times over the years, I would never go back.

Greatly Appreciate all the info Guys. hh. joe

I have the 600 and 800. I use the 600 the most and use the 800 for gold prospecting and for deep relic hunts. The 600 and 800 when I set them up the same and use the same coil detect exactly the same. The only really big difference is hunting in 5 tones where you can only adjust the iron tone break, iron tone pitch and iron tone volume on the 600. In 1, 2, or 50 tones the 800 and 600 are almost identical. Personally, I prefer the audio, iron bias and recovery speed additional adjustability of the 800 and the WM08 Wi-Stream wireless module with my favorite wired headphones is awesome. Both have Bluetooth and both will work with the WM08 module however. I have two different sets of Bluetooth headphones and earbuds that work great with the 600 or 800. I believe Minelab is still offering a 15% Military discount with both detectors and there is a 600 bundle deal with a free ProFind pinpointer from most dealers until July 31st.

Jeff

Got a free 6” coil with my 600 and bought a wm08 module on eBay for $70 that is mounted on the visor of my camo cap along with sennheiser earbud headset. Good luck with your Enox