Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like a dream Detector, but

wpruden

at what price??? I enjoy metal detecting but these prices are getting out of control. I'm so glad and at peace of not having this new detector; simply there is a line that I will not cross. That's why I don't own the etrac as well. To you hunters that can afford them go for it! I'm very happy with my outdated sovereign xs; outdated but works as designed and I have fun,fun,fun!

This is just my opinion and the technology is awesome for these detectors today.

The concerns I have are: How well will the target trace feature work, how usefull will the gps be to me, how long will the battery last with all those features on? One of the best things is it's waterproof, I've been wanting a waterproof etrac for a long time. What about replacing a $2 to $3 thousand dollar detector if the waterproofing fails?, if it is under warrenty how long will you be without a detector while you wait for it to be repaired?

Just some concerns...if you are spending that kind of money it gets me nervous.

Joe

I want to hear how well it works around and in salt water, because I've read of many people who've owned both FBS and BBS machines that have said FBS falsed too much for them in beach conditions while BBS was smooth as butter. Perhaps an issue with the higher FBS frequencies reflecting off ground minerals? That's my theory anyway. In my mineralized soil my FBS machines never ran as smooth or got the depth that others reported, while I seem to get much better results with BBS. That might have been the old 10" Explorer coils, though...Because a friend I hunt with who has a Pro Coil on his is doing much better with FBS in those terms that I did with my FBS units. I think the much less "fuzzy" detection field of the Pro Coil is soaking in less ground matrix stew and that's where it's getting better results than the old FBS/10" coils did in my soil.

I only get to beach hunt once a year on vacation, a week of detecting the beach is my vacation. I have never had any trouble with my E-Trac on the beach falsing too much or not detecting deep. I usually run my E-Trac on Auto plus 3 and never have any trouble. I have tried manual sensitivity and if I try to run it too high I do get a little chatter. As far as BBS being any better or smoother, in my opinion the E-Trac is not as sensitive to real small gold but it will hold its own or beat the Excalibur. Only one draw back with the E-Trac is of course not being water proof. They both operate smooth unless you try to run it too hot. And that is with any machine. BBS and FBS is hard to beat on the beach for smooth operation and depth unless you throw PULSE in the mix. I have dug plenty of rings and other jewelry on the beach and deep too, unbelievably deep. Salt water effects both of these machines you just don't notice it unless you try to run it too hot for conditions. The beach I hunt is not highly mineralized and has no black sand. Wish I was there NOW.

Here is some of the finds I have dug on the beach while vacationing with both the Excal and E-Trac. I'm looking forward in digging some with the CTX3030 just hope the price it affordable.

BCOOP

Well I'm gonna have to pass on this new machine too.I'm just not interested in all the bells and whistles. Before I spend serious money on a new machine it will have to be highly automated so that I can concentrate on metal detecting vs. playing with a machine. Maybe someday I hope. HH

I already own a waterproof machine that has a very fast response and will find the good stuff among the iron,

I also have a set of wireless headphones, a handheld GPS and the most popular pinpoint probe.

I mostly search by sound only, digital meters confuse me, sooooo although the 3030 looks a nice bit of kit

I think I will stick with the machines that I know best and trust.

Good Luck to all who purchase the CTX 3030

I couldn't resist. :eek:)

Ask yourself, if you had to borrow the money to buy the CTX-3030 off of your elderly mother and had to pay her back the money with the finds(what you find) in a certain amount of time, could you do it.? If you could not then maybe it is better to buy a second hand E-Trac for about half the price or so.

I would looove one of thease but out of my range. I said the nearly two k for my deus was too much but the weight and versatility of the unit made me sale three mid to upper end machines to get one. Really glad i did. Maby tax time next year ill get a 3030.

I need to wait till some other ocean hunters use one and report..... And I mean underwater... At least 4-6 feet deep. Best of luck to all whom get one. HH