Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like a new software update?

Tried new 4 kz picked up dimes i have buried at 10 10/12 inches no problem.Seem i had problems with nickles .Also got a hit reading 32 36 38 swing bosh ways,ran through KZ and muliti reading junk all over numbers go to 4 kz reading good and solid.Well it in between tree roots down 8 10 inches.I own 8 0r 9 different detectors been over this yard 100 times .
So i have to dig this.Digging between tree roots hole just big enough squeeze my hand in cant find this thing pin pointer not helping.iam down about 8 inches loose the item.Check pile with pin pointer nothing.Run coil over bam bam. Now the old run dirt from pile in hands over coil till i find it .Finally it was a hair clip shiny as sliver looked brand new.so house was built in 1960s has to be that old .So now i have to get out and try in flied. Just wondering what reading people are getting on nickles.

Tried new 4 kz picked up dimes i have buried at 10 10/12 inches no problem.Seem i had problems with nickles .Also got a hit reading 32 36 38 swing bosh ways,ran through KZ and muliti reading junk all over numbers go to 4 kz reading good and solid.Well it in between tree roots down 8 10 inches.I own 8 0r 9 different detectors been over this yard 100 times .
So i have to dig this.Digging between tree roots hole just big enough squeeze my hand in cant find this thing pin pointer not helping.iam down about 8 inches loose the item.Check pile with pin pointer nothing.Run coil over bam bam. Now the old run dirt from pile in hands over coil till i find it .Finally it was a hair clip shiny as sliver looked brand new.so house was built in 1960s has to be that old .So now i have to get out and try in flied. Just wondering what reading people are getting on nickles.
I think nickels hit right around 13...

Thanks everyone! I checked my terminals and they are clean. Still can;t get it to work. So I took my screen cover off for a good cleaning. Maybe try again Monday.
found this on the net for you ted.....
Had the same problems...contacted ML and they said to go to update file and RIGHT click...then select PROPERTIES...then select COMPATIBILITY....put a check mark or select WINDOWS XP ... then select APPLY then OK....exit back to desktop....now go to same file and again RIGHT CLICK....select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.....it'll now run....follow prompts.....takes about 5ish minutes to install.

I run 8 khz on my Deus mainly, Was using 5 khz and multi on my Equinox, Seems i found more find's with the Equinox, and i have taken the Equinox over areas i had the
Deus at. Now i just need to get another Equinox :ROFLMAO: (y)

I read some info from one of the engineers that the "secret sauce" is in the "stability enhancements"

I run 8 khz on my Deus mainly, Was using 5 khz and multi on my Equinox, Seems i found more find's with the Equinox, and i have taken the Equinox over areas i had the
you just sold one....HA HA!....I was not giving mine away !

Hopefully I can get mine installed tomorrow.
i can’t find where I read it at but sometimes about better pinpointing. Has anyone noticed any change in that.

Donut,
Haven't seen anything written about this update and pinpointing.
The older update mentioned and addressed that...

...and I haven't noticed any changes in pinpointing, but then I've never had any real trouble with the 600/800 pinpointing other than the original release.
Hope that helps.

I installed the 3.0 and straight to the park.
I was using the 6” coil.
It seamed my pin pointer was much better.
I also had some deep faint signals that the multi would not give an TID but when I switched to 4khz it locked on TID so seeing I couldn’t get the TDI to show in multi I‘m wondering if the 4khz is working in multi.
I’m wondering if others are having the same results.
So far I’m happy with 3.0.
Doug

I found the same thing I hunted a tiny green twice back and forth with my deus when I had it found some coins a few silvers then I did the same with my nox it pulled two more silvers the Deus missed completely!
Mark

found this on the net for you ted.....
Had the same problems...contacted ML and they said to go to update file and RIGHT click...then select PROPERTIES...then select COMPATIBILITY....put a check mark or select WINDOWS XP ... then select APPLY then OK....exit back to desktop....now go to same file and again RIGHT CLICK....select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.....it'll now run....follow prompts.....takes about 5ish minutes to install.
Done deal! Thank you! Got it installed this morning. It selected XP and went without a hitch! :clapping:

Done deal! Thank you! Got it installed this morning. It selected XP and went without a hitch! :clapping:
awesome ! now maybe someone else will know how to do it....My friend says the 4k hits gold rings HARD....something to look into.

I just did a 3 hr test learning it.
After today in my opinion pinpointing is much better.
or is it just me.
Doug

I tried this on my 600. The prompt says detector is up to date, ( on the computer screen). Does the number '4' show up on the detector screen? All I get is 5-10-15. No prompts on the detector screen.

If you tried to update from Minelab.com it may not be their.
google Equinox 3.0 upgrade.
after you download the program it will tell you to turn on your detectors and will check what Verson you have and will ask you if you want to upgrade. Then just let it go and don’t touch anything until it says successful upgraded .
its pretty easy , I went to my local libary and used windows 10

If you tried to update from Minelab.com it may not be their.
google Equinox 3.0 upgrade.
after you download the program it will tell you to turn on your detectors and will check what Verson you have and will ask you if you want to upgrade. Then just let it go and don’t touch anything until it says successful upgraded .
its pretty easy , I went to my local libary and used windows 10
Thanks. I have Windows 10. I'll try it right now.