Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like guys are migrating back to the Etrac......

Dan(NM)

So, what's up guys ....just asking for a friend ;) I have my handy dandy swingy thingy, so, I could swing one again no problem. What's motivating you guys that own the Equinox and the CTX to get the Etrac?

I have a equinox and 3030....But always grab my Etrac....The Equinox is way better in trash with the 6" coil...Thays all I use it for!

I bought an etrac about a month ago. I had an opertunity to get one in new condition from a freind. He likes his atpro better and cannot swing the etrac slow enough. He used it about 10 times.

I've had my ctx for 4-5 years. Always read about the warble on deep silver that they lost on the ctx. I have always been curious about that. I'm someone that has to do something for myself to see the results. I got the etrac for half price. I would not have gotten one at full price.

Personally, I do not like the equinox. Will I end up getting one? Yes, for recovery calls on small things like earings and hearing aids. You can lock it it 40khz and find earings. I don't think the ctx will hit on an earing or hearing aid. I got a recovery call last fall for a $5000.00 hearing aid under leaves.

I bought an etrac about a month ago. I had an opertunity to get one in new condition from a freind. He likes his atpro better and cannot swing the etrac slow enough. He used it about 10 times.

I've had my ctx for 4-5 years. Always read about the warble on deep silver that they lost on the ctx. I have always been curious about that. I'm someone that has to do something for myself to see the results. I got the etrac for half price. I would not have gotten one at full price.

Personally, I do not like the equinox. Will I end up getting one? Yes, for recovery calls on small things like earings and hearing aids. You can lock it it 40khz and find earings. I don't think the ctx will hit on an earing or hearing aid. I got a recovery call last fall for a $5000.00 hearing aid under leaves.
So, what's up guys ....just asking for a friend ;) I have my handy dandy swingy thingy, so, I could swing one again no problem. What's motivating you guys that own the Equinox and the CTX to get the Etrac?
Good question Dan---and my answer would be: I never departed from the Etrac (or the CTX).----I own use them both and seem to be slowly gravitating to the CTX.---It took me quite awhile as I came up through the ranks with the FBS detectors (XS, EX2, SE Pro, Etrac & CTX).----I had many, many hrs. on the Explorers and Etrac so (for me) it was a little hard to make the adjustment to the CTX.---Once I finally did--what a great machine!------So yeah, I wouldn't want to be without the Etrac (or CTX) in my arsenal---love 'em both.-------As to the Equinox: I just never did "click" with that machine.----Ended up getting rid of it & now have the Vanquish 540.----As it looks right now the 5X8" coil will be designated on that detector for trash work (busted tin & iron).----We'll see how that goes.-------This may be WAY MORE answer than you wanted--but that's my "take" on it.-------Short answer: if I had of gotten rid of the Etrac---I'm sure I would be going back to it! :)-----------Del

Reactions: nge
Once you get the etrac to hit those very deep coins with a high tone and an unmistakable sound it is hard to swing anything else.
The right setup is the most important thing and learning the deep coin sound or warble as some call it....and drop your favorite coil on it ...you have a wide variety of choices there...

It is deep and properly id's coins that you can almost call before you dig 'em up......it is then that you have a desire to use the etrac over all other detectors.

I have a question for you Etrac users. I am not attempting to hijack this thread but I use the Minelab Safari. Both the Etrac and Safari use the same coil. I haven't had a chance to use the Safari much as of yet, and I'm searching for a good small search coil. Can anyone recommend a particular coil? I'm looking at the 4.5 x 7 DD coil. Thanks, Kevin

Did you find the hearing Aid?

I have a question for you Etrac users. I am not attempting to hijack this thread but I use the Minelab Safari. Both the Etrac and Safari use the same coil. I haven't had a chance to use the Safari much as of yet, and I'm searching for a good small search coil. Can anyone recommend a particular coil? I'm looking at the 4.5 x 7 DD coil. Thanks, Kevin

I have a 5 inch excelerator coil that works great on my etrac.....got a silver dime along a sidewalk that my ultimate 13 inch missed from masking..... about 6 inches deep.

Did you find the hearing Aid?
I got lucky on this call and rule #1 came into play. If they sound over 65 years old give them 2 hours to search for the item before I leave my house. They ended up finding it themselves by walking the yard. I was still at work and they found it before I got out of work. I was going to search with my carrot on my hands and knees.

I had a similar call last summer for a child's retainer lost in one of 20 garbage bags. I visually found the retainer then checked if the ctx would hit on it and got nothing.

The reason why I am back to The eTrac is a lot of what Elmy said and the fact I can swing it well after I lightened it up.
For deep coin shooting it is hard to beat, especially with a 13 inch coil which I always use.
The ID and depth gauge are also excellent. I seem to run into deep big silver more also.
The low tones take more years of experience to master but it is very good on those also.
I will still use the Equinox at certain sites but the eTrac suites the type of large park and area hunting I like to do.
I did try the 12x15 inch coil with the Equinox but that seemed somewhat bulky and awkward for me because its length.

I attended Andy Sabisch's class and purchased the Detech 8 x 6 S.E.F. coil and haven't gone back to the stock 11" coil. Highly recommend this coil especially in high trash areas!

Dan I own all three and really believe each has it's place. They will work in many of the same places but for me there are day's that I will use the 3030 and other days it is to heavy for many hours of hunting so I go with the Equinox. The Etrac I just have and don't use. But I know it is hard to beat when it comes to deep silver.

I attended Andy Sabisch's class and purchased the Detech 8 x 6 S.E.F. coil and haven't gone back to the stock 11" coil. Highly recommend this coil especially in high trash areas!
Your right Andy really pushed the SEF 6 X 8 in his class I purchased a used one also purchased a new SEF 10 X 12.

I can't see why someone would need a harness to help hold a detector. If it hurts you that bad then it aint worth damaging your body over.