Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Looks like it has a pinpoint trigger

earthmansurfer

Watch the video. In two places you can sort of see or imply it's there.

First, at the 28 second mark you can barely make something out there in front of the display. Then when they are showing the screen close up at the 19-20 second mark you can CLEARLY see his right hand pulling something. The Minelab video is a sort of detective puzzle - but, that is what I went to school to study. :detecting:

What is interesting is note what is on the screen when he is pulling the trigger. :surprised:

edit - And notice there is no pinpoint button, I think.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzuo-ZhLyg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Small pic from a Russian site but you can see the pinpoint trigger and it's labelled. Notice the other things as well.

Once again, very perceptive! HH Randy

So the question is, why is the pinpoint trigger being pulled so often (if you focus on the video). It seems to be activating and "active" mode of sorts - maybe an investigation of the target or a different view. It is possible the pinpoint trigger has two directions or two depths in order to do this (a bit like the V3i.)

Albert

Barnicle Bill - I wasn't asking digger, I was asking you guys for some possibilities ;-)

Looks like some extra functioning in the video the way he is repeatedly pulling it. Something really new.

It looks like it is called "preparing trigger" right under the USQ connection which is under the rear speaker.

Very interesting Larry.

I just watched it again and caught something else. He is using his left hand and it is his THUMB that is pushing something, not finger. Hmmm...
Looks like it might be a two way system as I doubt the thumb is also for pinpointing. Just a thought.

Albert

That can be very hard to know. Advertisers are horrible about flipping images because the angles look better or running clips backwards to fit thier idea of the flow of the commercial.

I agree that the video shows something under the display being pushed. Probably more of a button than a switch, but we aren't really being given a good look.

It could be running in a pulse mode then switch to FBS for target analyzation?

That red button on the front has been copyrighted..I saw it on a copyright website the same symbol..Filled by Minelab..

You might hunt in pulse or FBS with the red button choosing your mode then switch back and forth with trigger..

Whites has talked for awhile about building a TDI and a MXT together and then swiching them back and forth with a switch...wish they would ....

Keith

I'll be very surprised if it has pulse detection. As somebody said, pulse and VLF require two very different coil windings to generate their signals. The coil they showed doesn't look unconventional in any respect, but instead exactly like a Pro Coil. PI technology as it stands now is only useful in low iron environments such as salt water beaches. Then again, stranger things have happened.

n/t

After taking a second look, I think you are right, the ad is pretty fuzzy blown up.

n/t