Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loss of long time forum friend Monte Berry 😥

I wish a moderator could take the time to sort through all his posts. Sort knowledge by machine.
And to Monte's credit. Make a Permanent knowledge pinned posting of it all.
Yes Monte. Going to miss your knowledge and wisdom. Especially the conversations.

This is very sad news for many here on the forum.
Monte was a type of person who'd do whatever he could to help another detectorist.
He & I put a LOT into the AA Batter test thread.
He was buying batteries and sending them to me to add to the test.
We spent a good deal of time in PM's plotting the course & putting the topic together.
He was a tireless companion in the project, lots of late night back channel contributions & communications.
He was an inspiration not just to that project but in anything he got involved with.
"Monte" my friend you will be missed.

This is a shock to most of us as Monte was all of our friend and help a lot of people with his knowledge of the detecting . He will be greatly missed .

Condolence to his family as he was a great man that loved his hobby.

Rick

I remember several top notch tips and pointers……. Sorry to get that news. RIP

The Life of Monte Berry​

The Berry Family regret to announce with deep sorrow the passing of Monte from this life. We love him and will miss him greatly. This forum is to share stories, messages, life history, etc. and celebrate his life. Please share any memories, stories, condolences, etc. Feel free to send PM's as well to Monte or Bryan. Note: The AHRPS and Stinkwater Wells website and forums will continue and hopefully remain active. His family will administer the site for the foreseeable future. Perhaps at the upcoming outing he planned we can again celebrate his life and impact on the metal detecting community.
Here is a link to the obituary: https://www.lindquistmortuary.com/obituaries/monte-berry

The Life of Monte Berry​

The Berry Family regret to announce with deep sorrow the passing of Monte from this life. We love him and will miss him greatly. This forum is to share stories, messages, life history, etc. and celebrate his life. Please share any memories, stories, condolences, etc. Feel free to send PM's as well to Monte or Bryan. Note: The AHRPS and Stinkwater Wells website and forums will continue and hopefully remain active. His family will administer the site for the foreseeable future. Perhaps at the upcoming outing he planned we can again celebrate his life and impact on the metal detecting community.
Here is a link to the obituary: https://www.lindquistmortuary.com/obituaries/monte-berry
Thank You Kindman.

He will be missed, but because of his advise many of us will not miss alot of targets. A pillar has been removed

I wish a moderator could take the time to sort through all his posts. Sort knowledge by machine.
Yes Monte. Going to miss your knowledge and wisdom. Especially the conversations.
It's a great idea. Many of us would appreciate it. Thank you Odanscoils

Sorry to hear about Monte. Never met the man but I always enjoyed reading his post and articles. The Metal Detecting community has lost a national treasure with his passing.

Rest in Peace my friend

If I could have edited my last post I would have replaced the youtube video link with this one, same song & singer!

Monte will be missed. He always shared what he knew and made it interesting. We even exchanged Christmas presents couple of years ago on another forum. He had his on metal detecting forum if i remember correctly. Monte you will be missed. Thanks for all you did for the metal detecting community

That's a great idea!
I have only a few printed and PDF from some of his posts way back when.
Here is a PDF download linked from his website; about coil skills.

His knowledge of this hobby will be truly missed. I remember he would always ask questions about the coil I was using. He also provided a lot of information about each coil. RIP Monte.