Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lost My Pin Pointer.... Damn It..! Need Advice

fastdraw

I lost my Garrett AT-Pro on the last hunt. I retraced my steps for about 20 minutes and then said... Screw it. It had a hole in the tip from me digging with it over the last 3 years. So I just chalked it up to Life's experiences. So now going to replace it, but I'm looking at the Minelab Pro 35 pinpointer. It kind of looks a little bit superior to the Garrett at Pro. A little bit of input would be helpful. And boy the price of pin pointers have certainly increased one heck of a lot in the last 3 to 4 years.

Get a lanyard. I left mine where I had dug a target, but was able to find it. I purchased one a few years ago and haven't lost it since 😆

I lost my Garrett AT-Pro on the last hunt. I retraced my steps for about 20 minutes and then said... Screw it. It had a hole in the tip from me digging with it over the last 3 years. So I just chalked it up to Life's experiences. So now going to replace it, but I'm looking at the Minelab Pro 35 pinpointer. It kind of looks a little bit superior to the Garrett at Pro. A little bit of input would be helpful. And boy the price of pin pointers have certainly increased one heck of a lot in the last 3 to 4 year
The MI4 is great I like the fact its rechargeable and lasts a long time and mines tethered to me
Mark

I like the Whites TRX, which of course they don't make anymore. By the cost online, I must not be the only person who likes them!!

I won a ML one but found it didn’t detect gold pieces I had and the carrot would. But the carrot is annoying sometimes in that it doesn’t always come on and Work. I’ve been through 3 and they all did this occasionally.

This has become my solution for not leaving a pinpointer behind.
I simply clip and tighten the safety nut (not me :) )to either my detecting harness, or to my pouch, etc.
It is neon green and easy to spot from distance, should you unclip and then drop while detecting.
I was so cheesed off when I did this a few weeks back, but gathered my senses and backtracked there was the neon glow of my safety lanyard.

Ref tethers…..
I bought a coil cord type with a metal clasp. Learning that metal clasp can start making the PP go off if you let the PP double back over the coil. Looking for a hard plastic version…….

Ref tethers…..
I bought a coil cord type with a metal clasp. Learning that metal clasp can start making the PP go off if you let the PP double back over the coil. Looking for a hard plastic version…….
Here we go again.