Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Loving the NOX at the beach

I have the E-Trac and the CTX. I prefer my E-Trac at my pounded parks and thought my CTX couldn't be beat by my new NOX but I have to say, in my opinion, my CTX doesn't have nothing over my Equinox on wet sand hunts. I'm by no means an expert with my CTX on the beach but feel I can hold my own with most of the good hunters out there. I've had my Equinox for a couple of months now. I've taken it to my pounded parks and have had some success with pulling oldies from spots that weren't producing much any more, but at the beach my equinox is a killer on finds. Keep in mind my beach finds are from wet sand hunts and when I get there, their are usually holes all over the place so I have to work hard to find the targets they have passed by. I good day for me with the CTX would be 4-6 hours before my arm would start to get tired. Now with the Equinox I can swing for 8-9 hours and not really feel it. I haven't been out much but summer is here so I'll be getting out more. I've only passed over three good rings (one platinum, and two gold), have a couple of silver ones, a broken gold chain, and the rest are costume jewelry which are still fun to find.

I didn't think the stock wireless headphones would work as well as they do but I've gotten use them and love not being tied down with a cord. It took about 25 - 30 hours to get use to the tones and on the beach for those deeper targets or tiny target you better have your ear sharp. Still can't let those bobby pin hits go by but think I'll start passing them up from now on now that I know what to listen for.

HH Randy

Great finds. Good report, I'm always looking to see opinions comparing the EQX to the CTX & Etrac as well as others.

RandyNorthridgeca said:
I have the E-Trac and the CTX. I prefer my E-Trac at my pounded parks and thought my CTX couldn't be beat by my new NOX but I have to say, in my opinion, my CTX doesn't have nothing over my Equinox on wet sand hunts. I'm by no means an expert with my CTX on the beach but feel I can hold my own with most of the good hunters out there. I've had my Equinox for a couple of months now. I've taken it to my pounded parks and have had some success with pulling oldies from spots that weren't producing much any more, but at the beach my equinox is a killer on finds. Keep in mind my beach finds are from wet sand hunts and when I get there, their are usually holes all over the place so I have to work hard to find the targets they have passed by. I good day for me with the CTX would be 4-6 hours before my arm would start to get tired. Now with the Equinox I can swing for 8-9 hours and not really feel it. I haven't been out much but summer is here so I'll be getting out more. I've only passed over three good rings (one platinum, and two gold), have a couple of silver ones, a broken gold chain, and the rest are costume jewelry which are still fun to find.

I didn't think the stock wireless headphones would work as well as they do but I've gotten use them and love not being tied down with a cord. It took about 25 - 30 hours to get use to the tones and on the beach for those deeper targets or tiny target you better have your ear sharp. Still can't let those bobby pin hits go by but think I'll start passing them up from now on now that I know what to listen for.

HH Randy
x2 I have countless hours on the ctx, even with the large coil it can't touch my Equinox with a stock coil jmo
Laplander

Holy smokes that's a lot of great finds!!!

Nice finds! The Nox is doing a great job for me in the lakes around here. I'm still waiting for that first gold bracelet or necklace, but I know if it's there the NOX will find it.

Great Finds
As for me I’ve tested my ctx and Equinox and hands down my ctx gets much deeper
I have over 40 hrs on equinox and have tried various settings and it’s a good machine but no way I would say it wil get rings near as deep
Just put on waterproof headphones so curious if it will do well in chest deep water so far had it just over waist deep with wireless headphones
I can get a 6 gram 14 k band at least 14 inches with ctx
About nine tops with equinox
But still like the equinox as it’s fun and light
Do best with Bias 1. Recovery 3 sensitivity 20. 23. Beach 2
Although do change settings according to areas hunted
HH Ron

You will for sure lose depth in beach 2 but you can’t be in the water without it. I’m mainly a wet sand hunter that will venture into the water some but have to switch to beach 2 when I do. In beach 1, sensitivity 22, recovery set at 5 I’m not seeing much difference from my CTX. Seems to me I getting just as deep, just know I’m having fun swinging the NOX and I know for sure I couldn’t last 7-8 hours detecting the beach with my CTX without my arm feeling it the next day. I can swing the NOX all day long. :detecting: