Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made it out today with the nox

Elmy

I got nothing !
A Mr. Lincoln did save the hunt. No skunks today !
2 hour hunt.

Give it time..I struggled to learn the nox and of course took it to the hardest hammered sites I know of.. I’ve made some great finds with it and continue to learn what features work and don’t work for me...unlike everyone else I rarely use multi frequency as it hits too good on iron in the areas I hunt... give it time..

Did you forget to turn it on.
just kidding.
Nothing .. ? That’s just hard to believe with the NOX.

WE will get a re-do hunt ...I only had it running an hour , then switched over to the etrac for another hour....got a wheatie and a sterling ring with the etrac and about 2 bucks in clad...this area has been pounded by the etrac's and
next time out the nox will be in a place that has not been hunted as much....also This was my first outing with the nox. I need to get used to it.

Elmy,

That's the crux of the situation! You can't let go the "E Trac" can you!

You've gotta leave it go...take out the battery...lock it in the cellar...leave it at home...

DD

Been out twice now with a friend with a nox he got last year...I was using the etrac..... have yet to see where the nox is any better at finding coins than the etrac.
It seems to be a user preference and an experienced etrac user holds his own ...so far....with the nox...In fact we are going on a jewelry/ring hunt next time with both using etrac's only.
So for now it is up in the air as to which I can use with more success....I don't see how anyone can lock up an etrac in the cellar that produces as well as it does...so it is still a free bird.

Well That's how it goes sometimes.
I got out yesterday too since the early spring temps hit 50-F. Me, My Wife and the Dog... Took a 60 mile ride up the coast
Gosh Darn it if I did't forget how to use the darn Nox 600....Too many buttons...:LOL:
Good thing I had a preset Program inserted last Fall.
Maybe I AM getting forgetful???
Anyway an Opportunity Presented itself at an older park where a Pavilion on pedestals was demolished last fall. Always wonder what was under there.
So now there was sand and a bit of snow left.
I tacked the area and found Junk, Junk, Junk Imitating coins.
The standard coil is too big for this spot -
Defeated I walked away swinging to the car but hit one more target at 25 ID. Out popped a 1930 Cent to save the day...
Well That's how it goes sometimes.

Elimy to get you up to speed faster since you have a eTrac locate some coins next time your out deep coins almost good coins and so on .Now grab your nox and listen carefully to how it sounds .Also since were hunting coins use park 1 . Park 2 will work also but what I found is that park2 likes to hit on tiny crap which I am not looking for just adds more noise because of the higher freq settings park1 is using lower freqs which will not hit as hard on small crap .Best place to use a nox is in a garbage pile example at a fairgrounds where they removed the grandstands left all the square nails pull-tabs foil common nails and just crap load of other junk .Then they bulldoze it all plastic straws were 8 inches deep just to give a idea .
A very good read is cjc third book worth it very good imformation and gives you a ideal of what's going on in the detector stay with it surprises well come .sube

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....a very good idea....sube... I have to get used to the bounce and the sounds...been watching my friend with the nox work while we were hunting....
He moves a little faster than me and seems to hit a lot more signals....I will stick with it and work it out...Thanks again