Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Made up my mind.... going with the 800

jughed440

Thanks to Equinox users for posting so many great finds and the stories behind them. It made deciding between the 600 and 800 (both being capable detectors) somewhat difficult but the 800 won out with its extra features....plus it'll be a retirement gift to myself so I can splurge a little. Still have the e-trac and the AT Gold, so maybe i don't need the 800, but i like variety. Only downside would be the lack of different sized coils. I mainly hunt on trash filled old home and farm sites where smaller coils are beneficial.

You will be pleased with it the sounds are similar to the etrac. As for coils. I contacted Nel a a couple weeks ago and was told they will be making coils in the future for them.

You made a great choice. You will be happy, it's a great machine. I have a Nox 600 and love it. :detecting:

Thanks, everyone.

Congrats J440 I would add the 6 inch as a stocking suffer. I use it frequently on iron infested sites and love the separation and depth!
HH Jeff
Currently 'negotiating' a package deal for the 800 and the 6" coil. Waiting to hear back from a dealer.

It's the only detector I use you'll be happy with your decision. I also had an Etrac sold it too heavy killed my tennis elbow glad I did the nox has helped me make some great finds!
Mark

Best of luck to you with the Nox 800. Also Congrat's to you on your retirement.
Thank you!!!! 30 years worth of days i could have been Detecting. Lots of catching up to do. I'll have the 800 worn out by summer.

You are buying a fantastic detector for sure. I have two 800s, a Deus and an AT Gold. All three have their uses and all three were or are milestones in modern detecting history. Keeping your AT Gold for its time proven all terrain abilities and for its excellent threshold based All Metal mode is a very good idea since the Equinox 800 does not have that mode. The Gold modes are hybrid modes with a little bit of everything mixed together. Once you get it, keep it in Multi most of the time. Minelab designed it to operate in Multi and just use single frequencies for trouble with EMI and for target investigation.

enjoy your retirement!!!

Thanks, jmaclen. I'm ready to hunt... feel like a 10-year-old kid with a new toy.

The e-trac and the AT Gold have both been good to me. Bought the AT afterwards for the benefits you have mentioned, plus its light weight and being waterproof (I often hunt in light rain, or near creeks and ponds and tend to drop things). It's battery life is very very good. I wish the e-trac would last that long.
(the 800 is supposed to last 12 hours on a charge. we'll see).
I'm keeping both of them. Can't have enough tools.