Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Making Equinox 600 wireless

ArchMage SoundClean-09 head phones about $40 or Miccus Wireless Bluetooth v4.2 Over Ear Headphones with Mic, aptX Headset Low Latency For about $60

A slightly different direction -- but how about a pair of BT80 aptX Low-Latency Bluetooth headphones -- identical to the Minelab ML80 phones that are included with the 800 (but without the "Minelab" label)? You can get a pair of these for as cheap as you could buy a Bluetooth aptX Low-Latency receiver (which is -- to answer your initial question -- is what you need to plug your 600 headphones into, to make them "wireless..." a Bluetooth aptX Low-Latency receiver.) The added benefit of the BT80 headphone option is NO wires AT ALL...

Steve

Have i got this right, with the Miccus headphones you don't need the receiver, and that it will pair up to the 600 wirelessly, i assume that the receiver is for a wired pair of headphones to hook up and make them wireless some what?

TaoTronics Wireless 4.2 Magnetic Earbuds. About $25 and work great! I'm wearing them here.
qrd98k.jpg

Digger 45 said:
Have i got this right, with the Miccus headphones you don't need the receiver, and that it will pair up to the 600 wirelessly, i assume that the receiver is for a wired pair of headphones to hook up and make them wireless some what?

That's exactly correct, Digger45. You can pair Bluetooth headphones (such as the Miccus SR71 Stealth, as one example) directly to the machine; the WM08 that comes with the 800, or any non-Minelab Bluetooth receiver, is only needed if you want to use a pair of wired headphones, that you want to make "wireless, somewhat" (as you described it).

Just make sure that when you get Bluetooth headphones (OR the receiver, whichever you choose), you get them with AT LEAST aptX technology, but aptX Low-Latency technology specifically will give you the least (essentially imperceptible) delay.

Let me know, via PM, if you want a BT80 pair, identical to the Minelab pair, and identical to the Miccus SR71, which can be had for a really good price at an online store...

Steve

What is the pairing process for the earbuds and/or the miccus headphones?

Kapok said:
What is the pairing process for the earbuds and/or the miccus headphones?

Turn on the machine.

Press and hold the power button on the headphones, until you see the lights flash alternating red and blue.

Press and hold the "wireless" button on the right-hand side of the Equinox control box, until the wireless icon flashes.

Wait.

After some number of seconds (less than a minute), the two will pair...

Steve

Agree ... the Minelab wireless headphones I had on back order came after I bought the Miccus SR71 wireless headphones and other than the manual, the Minelab graphics, and the cost, they see to be identical.

I just got the 600 and got the iArchMage Sounclean's (black ones) and they worked fine for me. I paired them right up and was testing in the yard in no time. They block a lot of outside noise too. On a hot summer day you may want to switch to ear buds, but in the windy fall and spring headphones are nice to help warm your ears.

CS

I got the Omega One Octane phones and they work really good with no lag that I can detect. Much, much better! Those corded headphones on the 600 are the absolute worst for getting tangled up--seems the cord is always getting twisted around my detector, pinpointer, and shovel.

However, for some reason I have to go through the entire pairing process every time I detect. On my Makro, once they're paired, it's just turn on and go.

I've had to fiddle with the BT pairing on the factory and some aftermarket BT headsets a bit on the EQ800. No issues repairing on the MK, but I can do more with the EQ wireless solution (take phone calls on the headset for example).