Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Makro 2 is being pretty noisy

prairieboy said:
Foiled, did you try taking the coil cover off and then resetting the machine to see if the coil cover is causing your issue?

I took the coil cover off and found what looked to be fine metal shavings bunched up like you would find on a magnet you had drug through dirt, I don't know how they got in there because I've never had it in dirt, just on lawns for a little bit .
I didn't reset it, don't know how but I took it out again tonight in the same park in the same spot where it was giving me so much trouble the first time, it behaved this time for some reason, I had the gain at 80 in two tone mode and it was very well behaved!
I was digging can slaw at about a foot deep, kinda knew what it would be because the numbers were erratic, found two clad quarters at about 8 inches a dime about 5 inches and a zinc penny, I had to leave because there were about 8 little kids following me around with ten billion questions. :surrender: I don't know how it fixed itself but it worked great. It is a mystery because it was TERRIBLE the first time out.

>>>> I have noticed the bottom of the coil comes off and was filled with grass, dirt and water exposing the potting epoxy after about an hour of use on dew covered grass, should that be sealed? <<<<

From that description, it sounds more like the coil halves have separated and not just the coil cover being removed. A photo would definitely be helpful....

Here is the coil with cover off, the grey is epoxy potting, I'm guessing it's supposed to be like that? I used it for about 5 minutes in the backyard today, it fills pretty quickly, is it okay to silicone that cover on so it doesn't fill with water and junk?

IMG_0002.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DesertRokon said:
My (red) racer was purchased about 7 - 8 months ago is not like that.... I don't use coil covers.
20160604_164530_zpsartiveok.jpg

From pictures of other Racer 2 coils it looks the same.

Kickindirt said:
Yes I silicone my coil covers, will not be an issue.

Okay, thanks. I noticed yesterday when I was experimenting that if you notch out every pull tab and can slaw section on the screen that it gets very chattery, and I'm thinking that if you don't notch them out completely maybe you get get the beginning and tail end of every signal coming through? Could that be why it wa so noisy? Lots and lots of snap, crackle and pops, very noisy.