Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MAKRO RACER - PRICING

Nokta Detectors

Hello all... back in Turkey from our trip in the USA.

Do not want to keep you guys waiting more..here you go - the official pricing info on the Makro RACER:

STANDARD PACKAGE - MSRP $649
Includes:
29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil
Headphones
4 x AA Alkaline Batteries

PRO PACKAGE - MSRP $899
Includes:
29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil
26cm x 14cm (10" x 5.5") DD Search Coil
Headphones
AC & Car Charger
4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Carrying Bag
Treasure Pouch
Rain Covers
Cap with Official Makro Logo
T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo

Bluetooth headphones as well as all accessories can be purchased separately.

I'd want the std. pack with the extra 5.5 x 10 coil (I really like this size) and the bluetooth headphones. Wouldn't need the Pro Pack stuff.

Individual prices for these 2 items please and will they be available for purchase with the std pack on day 1?

little 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] Double-D like that with my Nokta FORS CoRe as it is an EXCELLENT size and has really nice in-the-field performance. Maybe we will get lucky and the Makro division will work up a nice CONCENTRIC coil of about 6" to 7" in diameter for the Racer? That would be a welcome addition in todays market, and it would provide a bit more product comparison with many competitors out there in a similar price point.

Just my opinions.

Monte

Great price on machine..........BIG fail on the coil selection. It will need to have a smaller coil available like the CoRe machine or not even interested. Why a 5x10 when it comes standard with a 7 x11 ?

If it came with the 4.7 x 5.2 I would have bought the machine as soon as it released, however, no longer interested.

OregonGregg said:
Great price on machine..........BIG fail on the coil selection. It will need to have a smaller coil available like the CoRe machine or not even interested. Why a 5x10 when it comes standard with a 7 x11 ?

If it came with the 4.7 x 5.2 I would have bought the machine as soon as it released, however, no longer interested.

I dont understand the small coil selection myself...

I think that, today, the Fisher F19 will be the one more people might be curious about, but it comes stock with a 5X10 DD [size=small](which I think could have been a close size to use as a standard coil with the Makro Racer)[/size], and you can get a smaller 5" DD for the F19 [size=small](and I REALLY wanted to see the 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD for the Racer as a smaller-coil option)[/size].

So right now, the Fisher clan will throw that out in the faces of Racer fans since they don't have a smaller coil option. That's a coil size I really need in my personal arsenal, and more and more people are finding that going smaller is more rewarding than going bigger. Of course, if the Racer does have most of the adjustment functions of the Nokta FORS CoRe, and if they can bring about similar in-the-field performance with the Racer, then with the 5.5X10" DD coil [size=small](what I think should be standard)[/size] the Racer ought to hold it's own and I'll bet it will easily surpass the performance of the F-19.

I have and used an F-19 with 5X10 and my 5" DD coils, and using the FORS CoRe w/7X11.[size=small]2[/size] and 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD coils, the F19 is no match. Come close in performance to the CoRe with the Racer and all it will really need to have is a smaller optional search coil. The 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD or [size=small](I hope)[/size] a 6" round Concentric.

Monte

The puck coil is what makes the Fors special. Buy the Pro Pack if you need a cap and shirt for 200.00. Nokta made their first big mistake.

Not interested in the standard package with the large coil. I prefer the smaller coil.
Not interested in the Pro package to get the smaller coil.
Not interested at this point........................

Well I like the coils in the larger package but then again I never use small round coils.....I am the odd ball. Even in trash I like a 5x10....now if I hunted places like Monte does in those western ghost towns I would probably change that.
Hopefully the msrp is just that......

I wonder too who will be the dealers will be as the dist is the same as the Deus and wonder if the Deus dealer will also be selling the Makro Racer, I know they can get the Makro pin pointers so will they be able to sell the detector too??
Almost Everyone seems to be upset there is no small coil, but maybe it wont need it as the smallest coil that come in the pro pack may do a excellent job. We just have to wait and see wont we??

Rick

n/t

Price is very nice. Thanks