Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore 50% increase in power.

CoinRobber

I think it is safe to say that a 50% increase in transmit energy will not equate to 50% more depth, so i have 2 questions , 1 how much more depth can we expect from the manticore
over the equinox with the stated 50% increase in transmit power that the manticore has. How much in percentage depth increase . Question 2 , i am guessing but will a 50% increase
in power mean that the manticore has a shorter battery run time. Minelab are saying the manticore is as deep as a CTX 3030 , but i know from tests that the CTX 3030 is only a bit
deeper than the equinox. So i am guessing that the 50% increase in power the manticore has might only give about 2 or 3 cm or so extra depth on say a coin. They say the manticore
will light up finds that the nox can't see. Just food for thought.

Minelab should just offer the 40hz as a update to the nox 800, I'd pay 50 bucks for a software change like that.. thoughts? I mean poop I just bought my 800

That’s a really BIG marketing tactic…… I am sure there is a test that Minelab made to technically make that statement…(numbers).. I am not bashing the new Minelab, with a $1599 Price . They have to justify it . More features with popular features from other Minelab products draws in a bigger audience. Hopefully this new detector is all they say it is ….. it’s still up to the end user to know and understand what the detector is doing optimally to find better, desirable targets. HH Tony

My understanding more power into highly mineralized ground just backfires on you. But if your area has low mineralization, a Manticore might produce some surprises. My question just how deep do silver and gold coins on the average live?
Not counting flood plains where you can have a Volkswagen buried in 20 years.

First thing to do with any machine…FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH ALL CONTROLS!
IDX knows what he is talking about. I messed about way too much on advanced settings on the 800 and probably screwed up 1/2 or more of my hunts. It ain't hard to accidently detune an 800 so a Bounty Hunter Jr can out hunt it.

I think it is safe to say that a 50% increase in transmit energy will not equate to 50% more depth, so i have 2 questions , 1 how much more depth can we expect from the manticore
over the equinox with the stated 50% increase in transmit power that the manticore has. How much in percentage depth increase . Question 2 , i am guessing but will a 50% increase
in power mean that the manticore has a shorter battery run time. Minelab are saying the manticore is as deep as a CTX 3030 , but i know from tests that the CTX 3030 is only a bit
deeper than the equinox. So i am guessing that the 50% increase in power the manticore has might only give about 2 or 3 cm or so extra depth on say a coin. They say the manticore
will light up finds that the nox can't see. Just food for thought.
All I know is the lead engineer stated it’s absolutely deeper than the Nox If it genuinely goes up to 50% deeper and can control the magnetic field accurately, to achieve that, that would be a game changer.

Minelab should just offer the 40hz as a update to the nox 800, I'd pay 50 bucks for a software change like that.. thoughts? I mean poop I just bought my 800
Equinox has that frequency already!….. I’m sorry Melinda but, Minelab is very unlikely going to do an update for the Nox anytime soon. That’s what happens…. Especially when the company moves on to the newest machine.

Very accurate statement. I have a friend who is “stuck” on the E-Trac, but the boy can dig some great finds.
Yes , the ETRAC is a great detector, but the weight would have me hunting 2 hours max. And I am ambidextrous . From my CZ70. The lighter Legend will allow me to hunt a full day. This is a great time to pick up some high end detectors at good prices!!!! Lots of people have to have the newest detectors to feel like they aren’t being left behind. 😃