Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore custom coins program.

Being new to the Manticore I really like this feature.
Being able to notch in or out targets you scan.
Quite reminiscent of my old Explorers.
Completely blank the screen
Scan one of two earrings. Accept.
Then you should only hear that lost earring.
That was my favorite feature of the Explorer.
Here's how to do it.

Being new to the Manticore I really like this feature.
Being able to notch in or out targets you scan.
Quite reminiscent of my old Explorers.
Completely blank the screen
Scan one of two earrings. Accept.
Then you should only hear that lost earring.
That was my favorite feature of the Explorer.
Here's how to do it.

Not bad, learned some stuff but really not a fan of his video’s. He kinda lost me on the tone breaks and himself too I think around T5. Lots of back and forth Mumbo Jumbo. I may try it.

No but I like the way this custom one looks

In my opinion almost all of my gold signals would have been missed. Why would you severely try to limit a machine that is designed to tell you so much information. I use my ears first then the horseshoe and 2d graph. I dig way less trash and have had my best gold and jewelry year ever

In my opinion almost all of my gold signals would have been missed. Why would you severely try to limit a machine that is designed to tell you so much information. I use my ears first then the horseshoe and 2d graph. I dig way less trash and have had my best gold and jewelry year ever
Yup. Your right.
I believe it was just a coins program.
I saw guys using programs something like that with Explorers years ago. Never liked it.
I posted that mostly to show what could be done and how. Especially for finding a specific item.
Like one of two earrings. Or identical rings.
I'm happy that can be done with the Manticore.

The problem with notching out signals is that you will miss good targets. Scan your gold and silver, large and small, where do the signals fall? Many will fall where you notched out, not so much with the silver, but the gold.
With the manicore, the best lesson you will learn is dig anything round that falls on the middle line, and use your ear. It is early 4:30 am, my detector is out in my truck, later today I will take a screen shot of my tones. I have my D1, legend and manicore set to where I can tell if it is a nickle or pull tab 95% of the time. These guys on youtube want you to watch them, so they can make a nickel from the views and do not care how many targets you miss.
My best advice is only notch out targets if you are in a hurry and only want to cherry pick the clad.

But of course if you are a relic hunter ignore the middle line the iron will be mostly above the line.

IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0374.JPG

I like the coin program that "iffy signals" shows on youtube, called Silver Coin Program by tone region.
Each of the 5 bins uses a different tone and volume. Easy set up. You still hear all the targets, but the coin signals jump out above the rest.
I love it in trashy areas.