Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore vs Deus II

davidm88

Has anyone seen a video or any type article comparing the Manticore and the Deus II? I am really curious to see what the side by side comparison will show as I am going to buy the winner in my opinion as my next detector.

There is an hour long video that features a long time XP Deus user and Manticore tester. Iffy Signals, the tester, is doing a Q&A session with Calabash Digger. He said in his opinion the Manticore outperforms the D-2 in iron polluted situations. He did say that XP is working on an update that could change that. It's actually a very informative video....

My thoughts on the Manticore after watching several hours and reading all I thought was creditable are: (take note I have never used a Deus)

Better ergonomics: arm rest better material and adjustable, hand grip – larger

CONS: larger cams and vertical ribs on coil – more water resistance, shorter run-time 10 vs 12 hours, long charge time 7 hours

PROS: Color 2D display, faster processor, carbon fiber shaft, balance, 24 inch collapsed for traveling, New/improved features/technology/performance

I am also on the fence on the manticore and the D2. The latest video from Metal Detecting NYC
has me questioning minelab. The Deus 2 is waterproof to 65 feet. The case design on all the new minelabs/charging port looks the same. Gigmaster did a video and showed that the charging port leaked.
The case on the new minelab models looks the same. Only time will tell.

Two brand new Detectors !!! Which one do I choose???? There’s no wrong answer. Do your research, watch some videos, read their manuals online. Some of your past history of detectors may influence your purchase via similarities. Talk to MD dealers , just remember dealers usually sell multiple brands . Talk to your hunting partner to see what they think. What are your needs ??? Compile your info. Both detectors are going to be excellent choices. The best thing you can do is pick one , run it in a factory mode for 100 hours to get the feel for things . Reread the manual then make some refinements to get even more performance. Bench testing is ok for some things , but when you introduce in the ground situations …. Things get real. You also don’t have to have the most expensive detector to find treasure. If you truly learn a detector you will be way better off than someone who jumps from detector to detector because it is the newest thing out there . They usually don’t take the time to learn what the new detector. Also the ability to get permission to locations that hold the goods is of utmost importance.!! Kinda my 2 zincolns. HH Tony

calabash hits a 15" nickel on the beach pretty good just the 2d screen alone lets you see all the targets below thats a game changer there! I myself prefer the minelabs tones over any other detector ...
Mark

Mark. When you get your Manticore you will have to let us know what machine you prefer. I really can't afford a new machine but still am interested in performance of the new models! HH! Ted

Mark. When you get your Manticore you will have to let us know what machine you prefer. I really can't afford a new machine but still am interested in performance of the new models! HH! Ted
Absolutely Ted I have saved my clad to purchase one lol .I will hit my beaches and woods and do some videos I just have not had any confirmed shipment times guys have them in US lol..
Magk

calabash hits a 15" nickel on the beach pretty good just the 2d screen alone lets you see all the targets below thats a game changer there! I myself prefer the minelabs tones over any other detector ...
Mark
he ran the Manticore in prospector mode, not beach???????