Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore vs Legend

C.J.M.

I bet this guy has a real problem buying all sort of detectors ---------he is sleeping in the dog house ------------must be nice to have lots of loot :rofl:

Attachments

• metaldetectors.jpg
    metaldetectors.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 33

Rich (Utah)

I've had my 800 for 4 1/2 years now. Love it. Great machine. Ran an Etrac for years before that and an Explorer for years before that (back to 2000). Ran other detectors for 24 years before that. I have a D2, 9" coil. Very nice machine. Has its' own very positive aspects.

Manticore is replacing the Etrac (FBS technology - 2D screen) - Having a Ferrous AND Conductive reading is a game changer. So is Iron Audio. Manticore is lighter than the old Etrac. Sorts / separates targets better. Has an improved SMF system - Multi IQ+. Polyphonic audio. Will show multiple targets on the 2D screen. Is water resistant. Wireless headphones. Etc. Etc. Basically the same price as my Etrac a long time ago, but better. At least I think so.

As many have pointed out - there are many other detectors out there that we can use, like an equinox or Nokta's Legend or Garrett's AT Pro/Max or even beep and digs like the old Tesoro's. We all have our budgets. Price may dictate what we are able to buy. Many have brand preferences where they've become accustomed to the interfaces, styles and feel of a given manufactures products. Moving to another manufacture can feel like stepping into a foreign country where you don't know the language and the food menu is very different. No worries there. Nice to have folks with different perspectives on things.

One thing i miss about the etrac with the equinox is the 2D screen. I always knew if i was over a bottle cap. If I dug a bottle cap it was because i was clearing it out in search of another target. With the ability to have deep, accurate target ID, combined with the ferrous / conductive 2D screen, I could find targets left behind. The new Manticore is offering a much improved version of that. I like that.

I understand why some won't be giving the manticore a second look, but for me, with the experience i have with Explorers, Etracs and Equinoxs, the Manticore is a "don't miss this".

That said - I hope that all of you have awesome success with whatever detector you have in hand and look forward to seeing your posts in TODAY'S FINDS.

Rich -

autopilot42

I will buy one to see if it is what is desired. Let's see I still am in love with my goldbug. From a relic hunter loves for lead better than the 800 unless in gold mode quite formidable

Odanscoils

I will buy one to see if it is what is desired. Let's see I still am in love with my goldbug. From a relic hunter loves for lead better than the 800 unless in gold mode quite formidable
Have they done the gold mode upgrade yet ?
U haven't heard anything on that.

autopilot42

No but current works well. You have to keep the threshold low or it will drive you nuts. Not forgiving. Doesn't give much intelligence just a buzz almost an after thought

fwcrawford

I've had my 800 for 4 1/2 years now. Love it. Great machine. Ran an Etrac for years before that and an Explorer for years before that (back to 2000). Ran other detectors for 24 years before that. I have a D2, 9" coil. Very nice machine. Has its' own very positive aspects.

Manticore is replacing the Etrac (FBS technology - 2D screen) - Having a Ferrous AND Conductive reading is a game changer. So is Iron Audio. Manticore is lighter than the old Etrac. Sorts / separates targets better. Has an improved SMF system - Multi IQ+. Polyphonic audio. Will show multiple targets on the 2D screen. Is water resistant. Wireless headphones. Etc. Etc. Basically the same price as my Etrac a long time ago, but better. At least I think so.

As many have pointed out - there are many other detectors out there that we can use, like an equinox or Nokta's Legend or Garrett's AT Pro/Max or even beep and digs like the old Tesoro's. We all have our budgets. Price may dictate what we are able to buy. Many have brand preferences where they've become accustomed to the interfaces, styles and feel of a given manufactures products. Moving to another manufacture can feel like stepping into a foreign country where you don't know the language and the food menu is very different. No worries there. Nice to have folks with different perspectives on things.

One thing i miss about the etrac with the equinox is the 2D screen. I always knew if i was over a bottle cap. If I dug a bottle cap it was because i was clearing it out in search of another target. With the ability to have deep, accurate target ID, combined with the ferrous / conductive 2D screen, I could find targets left behind. The new Manticore is offering a much improved version of that. I like that.

I understand why some won't be giving the manticore a second look, but for me, with the experience i have with Explorers, Etracs and Equinoxs, the Manticore is a "don't miss this".

That said - I hope that all of you have awesome success with whatever detector you have in hand and look forward to seeing your posts in TODAY'S FINDS.

Rich -
Great post.👍👍

coffeecan

Old paystreak is one flow who just digs it all.... everything too and gets happy about it.

He has fun all of the time....he has a blast with the legend......makes me almost want one!!!

Was going to get one and like you got the Deus 2.....now have the ws6 as the so called master set up too wireless with the wsaii back phones.....real fun set up.

Very satisfied with xp Deus 2.

Am satisfied with the Deus 2..,...but always interested in other machines people use with real results
It's all in the Paystreak shuffle.:wiggle: