Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manticore vs Legend

I bet this guy has a real problem buying all sort of detectors ---------he is sleeping in the dog house ------------must be nice to have lots of loot :rofl:

Attachments

• metaldetectors.jpg
    metaldetectors.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 166
I've had my 800 for 4 1/2 years now. Love it. Great machine. Ran an Etrac for years before that and an Explorer for years before that (back to 2000). Ran other detectors for 24 years before that. I have a D2, 9" coil. Very nice machine. Has its' own very positive aspects.

Manticore is replacing the Etrac (FBS technology - 2D screen) - Having a Ferrous AND Conductive reading is a game changer. So is Iron Audio. Manticore is lighter than the old Etrac. Sorts / separates targets better. Has an improved SMF system - Multi IQ+. Polyphonic audio. Will show multiple targets on the 2D screen. Is water resistant. Wireless headphones. Etc. Etc. Basically the same price as my Etrac a long time ago, but better. At least I think so.

As many have pointed out - there are many other detectors out there that we can use, like an equinox or Nokta's Legend or Garrett's AT Pro/Max or even beep and digs like the old Tesoro's. We all have our budgets. Price may dictate what we are able to buy. Many have brand preferences where they've become accustomed to the interfaces, styles and feel of a given manufactures products. Moving to another manufacture can feel like stepping into a foreign country where you don't know the language and the food menu is very different. No worries there. Nice to have folks with different perspectives on things.

One thing i miss about the etrac with the equinox is the 2D screen. I always knew if i was over a bottle cap. If I dug a bottle cap it was because i was clearing it out in search of another target. With the ability to have deep, accurate target ID, combined with the ferrous / conductive 2D screen, I could find targets left behind. The new Manticore is offering a much improved version of that. I like that.

I understand why some won't be giving the manticore a second look, but for me, with the experience i have with Explorers, Etracs and Equinoxs, the Manticore is a "don't miss this".

That said - I hope that all of you have awesome success with whatever detector you have in hand and look forward to seeing your posts in TODAY'S FINDS.

Rich -

I will buy one to see if it is what is desired. Let's see I still am in love with my goldbug. From a relic hunter loves for lead better than the 800 unless in gold mode quite formidable

I will buy one to see if it is what is desired. Let's see I still am in love with my goldbug. From a relic hunter loves for lead better than the 800 unless in gold mode quite formidable
Have they done the gold mode upgrade yet ?
U haven't heard anything on that.

No but current works well. You have to keep the threshold low or it will drive you nuts. Not forgiving. Doesn't give much intelligence just a buzz almost an after thought

I've had my 800 for 4 1/2 years now. Love it. Great machine. Ran an Etrac for years before that and an Explorer for years before that (back to 2000). Ran other detectors for 24 years before that. I have a D2, 9" coil. Very nice machine. Has its' own very positive aspects.

Manticore is replacing the Etrac (FBS technology - 2D screen) - Having a Ferrous AND Conductive reading is a game changer. So is Iron Audio. Manticore is lighter than the old Etrac. Sorts / separates targets better. Has an improved SMF system - Multi IQ+. Polyphonic audio. Will show multiple targets on the 2D screen. Is water resistant. Wireless headphones. Etc. Etc. Basically the same price as my Etrac a long time ago, but better. At least I think so.

As many have pointed out - there are many other detectors out there that we can use, like an equinox or Nokta's Legend or Garrett's AT Pro/Max or even beep and digs like the old Tesoro's. We all have our budgets. Price may dictate what we are able to buy. Many have brand preferences where they've become accustomed to the interfaces, styles and feel of a given manufactures products. Moving to another manufacture can feel like stepping into a foreign country where you don't know the language and the food menu is very different. No worries there. Nice to have folks with different perspectives on things.

One thing i miss about the etrac with the equinox is the 2D screen. I always knew if i was over a bottle cap. If I dug a bottle cap it was because i was clearing it out in search of another target. With the ability to have deep, accurate target ID, combined with the ferrous / conductive 2D screen, I could find targets left behind. The new Manticore is offering a much improved version of that. I like that.

I understand why some won't be giving the manticore a second look, but for me, with the experience i have with Explorers, Etracs and Equinoxs, the Manticore is a "don't miss this".

That said - I hope that all of you have awesome success with whatever detector you have in hand and look forward to seeing your posts in TODAY'S FINDS.

Rich -
Great post.👍👍

Old paystreak is one flow who just digs it all.... everything too and gets happy about it.

He has fun all of the time....he has a blast with the legend......makes me almost want one!!!

Was going to get one and like you got the Deus 2.....now have the ws6 as the so called master set up too wireless with the wsaii back phones.....real fun set up.

Very satisfied with xp Deus 2.

Am satisfied with the Deus 2..,...but always interested in other machines people use with real results
It's all in the Paystreak shuffle.:wiggle:

As correctly stated . . . 'purely speculation' at this time.
In the spring I might very well consider adding another metal detector.
With everything that is being stated N M and Dilek, are very attentive and responsive to the customers?
My observation their technicians (software writers) are second to none?
With their competitive pricing, and I have already noticed their build quality appears to be great?

Competition is becoming fierce?
Arguendo, at this time one can do nothing but speculate, I believe at this time with ol man winter quickly approaching that
is all I will do till spring.
Tony, thank you for starting this thread I will enjoy it.

Leatherneck,
I had already started the same thread couple weeks ago but funny thing you didn’t take so kindly to it back then and tried to derail it as it was somehow offensive to ML users.
Not its intended purpose as you made it out to be as i like both brands.
Now you are glad its started?

At this time with no manticores in general users hands ….. it’s just purely speculation. I think Minelab is pricing their detectors at what they think peoples buying habits are and what the market can stand. Minelab makes excellent detectors , but so does Nokta….. I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this . Please chime in !!! Tony
I started the same exact thread in a different place, two weeks ago, but somehow some members didn’t take so kindly to it back then, when I was merely trying to ask the same thing you are and now they change their tune and are OK with it,I’m confused, but also glad that you started the same one as maybe now we can get some of the answers they did not want to answer back then.

I hope Minelab takes their time, and makes any minor changes they feel necessary, BEFORE they start shipping units.
The Nokta Legend on the other hand, has had something like 25 or 30 changes since it was released 6 months ago.
That’s because unlike ML,
NM let its users help make the changes they needed and wanted rather than take this expensive thing, your stuck with it like it or not. Hence why trying to find out more about the Manticore before prepaying, to boot, $1600

Btw just look under NM “”Legend” forum to find the same exact thread, maybe you can find your answers there

Inquiry
To circumvent
any of my members being admonished for having this discussion here.
Should this be discussed on a thread for comparing metal detectors.
I would never say anything intentionally to offend any of my fellow members, and I am only hoping this is received in the
manner it is intended. Is this better received than otherwise?
Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

I had already started the same thread couple weeks ago but funny thing you didn’t take so kindly to it back then and tried to derail it as it was somehow offensive to ML users.
Now you are glad its started?
Its' really funny isn't it! However, the Joke is on you! You had inappropriately posted in the Nokta Legend forum!
Perhaps, you still do not realize where you are! Look up above you!
Main Comparison Detecting Forum.
Is this really that hard to understand? ? ?
There are sponsors that keep this forum up!
You stated: " had already started the same thread couple weeks ago but funny thing you didn't take so kindly to it back then and tried to derail it as it was somehow offensive to ML users."
You have a hard time grasping reality! My intentions was as I stated:
" would never say anything intentionally to offend any of my fellow members, and I am only hoping this is received in the
manner it is intended. Is this better received than otherwise?" As any of my fellow members could easily ascertain my intentions were honorable.
You continue to make the meritless statement:
It is quite obvious what your intended purpose was. You wanted to compare

Legend vs Manticore​

On a Nokta Legend forum. Is this really that hard to understand? ? ?
Nokta is not a Minelab product! ! !
Why would you violate the rules here and then later allow your feelings to be hurt?
It is quite obvious you do not understand the English language.
And, then you go on to state: " like both brands." If you like both brands and there is a 'proper forum' Main Comparison Detecting Forum Why would you not adhere to at a mere minimum of posting in the appropriate forum?
The sponsors would not possibly appreciate your comparing brands on a forum that is dedicated to one particular brand!
You really have a problem in comprehension!

Legend vs Manticore​

Nokta does not manufacture Manticore!

Leatherneck

This is quite entertaining…

Attachments

• 133D5A5C-5FC6-498A-9F86-328BC64F25E1.gif
    133D5A5C-5FC6-498A-9F86-328BC64F25E1.gif
    34 KB · Views: 100
  • 481A6ED3-432D-45A4-8708-065864D29D13.jpeg
    481A6ED3-432D-45A4-8708-065864D29D13.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 91
Its' really funny isn't it! However, the Joke is on you! You had inappropriately posted in the Nokta Legend forum!
You stated: " had already started the same thread couple weeks ago but funny thing you didn't take so kindly to it back then and tried to derail it as it was somehow offensive to ML users."
" would never say anything intentionally to offend any of my fellow members, and I am only hoping this is received in the
manner it is intended. Is this better received than otherwise?" As any of my fellow members could easily ascertain my intentions were honorable.

Legend vs Manticore

Why would you violate the rules here and then later allow your feelings to be hurt?
And, then you go on to state: " like both brands." If you like both brands and there is a 'proper forum' Main Comparison Detecting Forum Why would you not adhere to at a mere minimum of posting in the appropriate forum?
The sponsors would not possibly appreciate your comparing brands on a forum that is dedicated to one particular brand!

Legend vs Manticore

Leatherneck
Perhaps you are the one who is lost.
As stated in the thread I started was to ask Legend owners what they think in comparison.Where do you find legend owners?
In the Legend thread.
Sorry, no rules broken by that.
I had no idea the question was even asked because I don’t find it necessary to snoop around and troll in other threads of other brands where someone might have said something about a Nokta Makro.
Hooyah

Mine as well settle in with some of my favorites…

Attachments

• 168E95F9-A453-4F94-AAC4-F082D246D488.jpeg
    168E95F9-A453-4F94-AAC4-F082D246D488.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 15FD36D5-15FA-4EEA-A2E4-24709C3FAA5E.gif
    15FD36D5-15FA-4EEA-A2E4-24709C3FAA5E.gif
    371 KB · Views: 96

Legend vs Manticore

Legend vs Manticore

Leatherneck

Speaking of sponsors, you mean like the the one dealer that screwed me over a $80 part?
The “Big” dealer that shipped me a part then when I received it broken in the mail first said he would mail out a new one first thing Monday morning, then never heard anything and changed his mind and said oh I can’t mail you a new one because it has to go through the manufacturer warranty first so i can be reimbursed.
Then never did anything, not ask me for the broken part back, never contacted the manufacturer, never did anything. Its still sitting here months later.
Another non sponsor dealer shipped me one and said that should have never happen, they would have replaced it then worked it out with the manufacturer.
The manufacturer then also stepped up and made things right with me not even having to do so.
And another thing isn’t that why we pay or dealers pays shipping insurance?

But this “sponsor” has plenty of money to advertise in the forum but a $80 part was going to break him.
These are the people that wouldn’t appreciate me asking a legitimate question about a detector that you are concerned about?
No my feelings weren’t hurt.
My intelligence was insulted though for doing absolutely nothing wrong The same as you are doing.
Seems as some are cut from the same “shady” cloth.
A controlling, narcissistic cloth

“It is quite obvious what your intended purpose was. You wanted to compare”

I wanted opinions from Legend owners if they thought it was worth the money to get a Manticore if i already have a Legend. There is a difference. Wasn’t just a comparison. I stated this, but you obviously don’t understand my language.

“Inquiry
To circumvent
any of my members being admonished for having this discussion here.”

Please clarify “ my members being admonished “ as you stated in my thread.
Is this your forum?, do you own the members, perhaps they work for you?
Yes i am having hard time understanding your language