Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Manual Noise cancel

cliff490

Apparently, manual noise cancel is not available on the 600 The manual does, not state that but I just tried it and no luck.

page 65 of the manual provides this information.

Minelab: Auto is the recommended noise cancel method.

Hope this helps.

Noise cancel is interesting. ... I can stand in the same place and get a different noise cancel every time.

dewcon4414 said:
Noise cancel is interesting. ... I can stand in the same place and get a different noise cancel every time.

I've noticed this also,oh well as long as it "cancels noise"

Why would you even want to noise cancel manually? The machine knows what is doing better than you do and just like my CTX I am going to trust my Nox to choose the right channel.

FFX2 said:
Why would you even want to noise cancel manually? The machine knows what is doing better than you do and just like my CTX I am going to trust my Nox to choose the right channel.

Manual Noise Cancel*
The Manual setting allows you to listen to each channel so you can
manually select the one with the least interference.
This can be useful when detecting in close proximity to other
detectors, or in locations with lots of electrical interference.

Fx.... we used to have some idea as to which noise cancel would best serve ....say on a salt beach on the exp/ET. Something we may later learn about this machine and it channels/freq shifts. It could then become important. Get some sakt water in the coil cover then try noise cancel lol.

cliff490 said:
Apparently, manual noise cancel is not available on the 600 The manual does, not state that but I just tried it and no luck.

Manual Noise Cancel*
The Manual setting allows you to listen to each channel so you can
manually select the one with the least interference.
This can be useful when detecting in close proximity to other
detectors, or in locations with lots of electrical interference.

Page two of the manual states...
"An asterisk appears throughout the manual, indicating features only included with the EQUINOX 800 model."

And as your quote from the manual shows "Manual Noise Cancel*", this is a feature only included with the 800.

dewcon4414 said:

It is YOU! Dont stand near you when you noise cancel! Have a friend hold it and noise cancel and you run about 50 yards away, then come back!

Just pulling your chain a bit, but I have noticed the exact same thing, but not too much number jump most of the time.

FFX2 you're exactly right. The machine knows better than you do about noise cancel. In the Equinox case especially the factory settings are about as good as you can tune a detector unless of course you have mineralization. But in reality only a few minor tweaks depending on your preference such as discrimination, sensitivity and recovery speed are about all anyone needs to tweak.

dewcon4414 said:

********************​

That is a reasonable statement, Dew'; for EMI is a concoction of independent sources, types and frequency spectra.

The system decides which channel is the QUIETEST at that moment in time, ever changing; and in a moment, it's history.......

So AUTO is a logical choice.........matt

metalpopper said:

That is a reasonable statement, Dew'; for EMI is a concoction of independent sources, types and frequency spectra.

The system decides which channel is the QUIETEST at that moment in time, ever changing; and in a moment, it's history.......

So AUTO is a logical choice.........matt

Auto mode is the point in time. It does not change with the time.

Manual means you chose the setting.