Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Masonic Token

flinthunter

Went to a local park and was digging clad and memorials yesterday evening and it was starting to get dark so I headed to my older coin area to try and get one good coin before I packed up to go home. Hit a good but very light signal that maxed the depth indicator on the detector. It was in the silver range so I was pretty excited thinking it might be a barber or seated quarter. At 12 inches deep I managed to pull up a huge copper disc (a little larger than a silver dollar) that I am fairly sure is a masonic token. It is extremely worn but I can make out some of the design when its wet. Any ideas on how to enhance the design/features on this token so I can get a good picture with my camera? I already gave it a peroxide bath. Daryl

What a cool find. How about soaking it in 3 n 1 oil overnight in a shot glass? That has cleaned many of our coins.[attachment 199526 3inOneOil.jpg] HH, Nancy

That would be a heck of a shot glass to hold a silver dollar Nancy, but I'm not much of a drinker. Perhaps a jar lid would work, as long as the token is covered with oil. Do one side today and the other side tomorrow,. I have read about and tried cooking oil and olive oil as well, but not a big fan of oil bathes or peroxide baths either one. My motto is Rinse, let dry and magnify. JMO

dave5710 said:
That would be a heck of a shot glass to hold a silver dollar Nancy, but I'm not much of a drinker. Perhaps a jar lid would work,

Oops, I think my body is reacting to all my cold medicine. :surrender: Yes Dave, a jar lid would work better. :blush: You should give the 3 in One oil Dave, it's a cleaning oil and doesn't go rancid. HH, Nancy

You haven't seen Nancy's shot glass have you Dave........:biggrin:

Nancy, thanks for the advice. I put some of the 3 in 1 oil on it and it did bring out the details enough to photograph. Now if we can have some sunshine so I can get a good photo and post it. I will bring it to the meeting.

PS: I sent you a PM. If you didn't get it let me know. Daryl

Hey, glad it worked for you.:clapping: HH, Nancy