Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meeting Chuck Norris

Doc Holliday

Back, way back in the day...when I was much younger...I used to work at a Radisson Hotel...and the staff got word that Chuck Norris was staying there, while he was in town for a book signing event...so I went out and got a couple of stills from 'Invasion USA', hoping to run into him and get it signed. Next day, there was no sign of Chuck Norris in the hotel at all...so another employee/friend and I went up to 'the room' and knocked on the door. A short guy with a bad attitude opened the door halfway and told us 'Mr. Norris is really too busy right now guys, thanks...' and started to close the door in our faces. We started to turn away, disappointed, when...all of a sudden...a familiar voice inside the room rang out loudly...

"It's alright guys, come on in!"

Yes, we had just been invited in, by Chuck Norris himself. As we brushed past Little Man with the Bad Attitude, we made sure to give him 'The Look' (that's right, can't stop us now, can ya? LOL)

We walked in...and there, in the room, was Chuck Norris...pulling on his cowboy boots and putting on his jacket, getting ready to go out. He actually took the time to autograph the movie stills, and also posed for a few pictures before leaving. Just a few minutes for him that he won't remember, but a memory that has lasted a lifetime for me. What a great guy.

Old pic, just before the days of digital...
[attachment 345942 cnandme.jpg]

[attachment 345943 cnandme2.jpg]

n/t

I have never heard anything bad about Chuck! With todays atmosphere, that is amazing. Thanks for posting the pictures :D

Last I remember, years ago, you were trying to sell your home in Roscommon? Still traveling? Enjoying retirement?

I am still working by choice, was given kind of a retirement position, excellent compensation, Wholesale Parts Director... I represent 10 dealerships, of Kelly Auto Group. Got a company truck, visit mechanical and Bodyshop's , dropping Pens, Mousepads etc, other paraphernalia.. public affairs really, hoping to draw new wholesale customers, and taking care of our regular wholesale customers. On 51st year with Kelly. THe owner is and always has been a good friend. He was 14 when I started. I taught him how to drive!
In the past month he has started a classic car collection. I find reliable shops I trust, to check the various cars for safety, service them, LOF, Filters , fluids etc..
People selling so called restored cars, wether their 20 thousand or a Hundred thousand, they still need from 500 to $2500 of repair...
The best so far is a 1959 Vette, 4 speed, dual quads, 63 Vette Convert., automatic... (Us old guys get lazy.). The jewel is a 1954 Buick Skylark convertible, white, red int., real wire wheels, red painted wheel wells.... a dream car I only saw in car magazines as a kid... now I get to actually drive one!
Would post pictures, but have the hardest time trying to downsize...
Take care!
Ron J :usaflag: :thumbup:

Right now, I am knee deep in a frame off resto on my 1972 Forf Bronco.. I just got the frame back from the sandblaster..
All painted up and ready to go...

Been having a few health issues of late, but at age 70, don't we all :):

Take care my friend.. I still have the block of wood on my mantle... the one with all the bronze spikes in it

Calm seas, Fair winds

Micheal

Hello Mike, Great to read your post. Yup , age brings aches and pains... The brain say , I can do anything, the body tells you otherwise real quick...
The Bronco project sound interesting, you don't see too many around anymore. How is Alice? I hope I remembered her name correctly...
Stay healthy and safe as you can.
I still have the pulley! I have it with my collection.
Ron J.

A few health issues.. but we all get them as we get older. Alice is still well, and the love of my life.
Still involved with her horses and loving them

Fair winds

Micheal