Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting Is a Drug..!

fastdraw

I'm going through withdrawals..!! The heavy snows hit the Virginia City, and Carson City, area as well as Lake Tahoe.
I live in Nevada.
I have tomorrow off.... But the ground is frozen..!! Oh my god.... Will I be forced to do "Honey Do's" all day..??
I'm so desperate to metal detect... I've thought about burying coins in the snow, just to see how deep I can find them as an experiment.

I'm going through withdrawals..!! The heavy snows hit the Virginia City, and Carson City, area as well as Lake Tahoe.
I live in Nevada.
I have tomorrow off.... But the ground is frozen..!! Oh my god.... Will I be forced to do "Honey Do's" all day..??
I'm so desperate to metal detect... I've thought about burying coins in the snow, just to see how deep I can find them as an experiment.
Go hunt and mark targets ( if the spot allows) then just freakin dream about thaw and what they may be.

Dude, I got it so bad, I have a “chiropractor appt” once a week to leave work a couple hours early and hit city spots. Usually amount to one actual visit to the chiro every couple weeks. Of course every Saturday and Sunday I’m out at sun up for a few hours. And then there’s the odd working late or stuck in traffic deal that buys me half an hour-45 minutes somewhere close to the house. So glad we chose to move to a town steeped in quickly disappearing history to keep me motivated! Wait, am I cheating??

I live in Nevada.
Actually I did that in my home but nails in the floor kept sounding off! :rolleyes: Ma

I'm definitely a metal detecting junkie, this cold snowy weather has me going through withdraw symptoms.
Got all my gear cleaned up and new batteries in my pinpointer and detector, just waiting to strike when the weather breaks.
The winters in Wv are one of the reasons i never Returned to WV when i retired from the Navy. Waded all that white stuff i ever want to put up with. Another reason i did not return was my wife who is also from WV said "If you move back to Wv you will be moving by yourself."

A few years ago I spent jan to Mar in Point Pleasant due to illness in my Wife's family. I had cabin fever so bad that i nearly just got in the vehicle and left. I love detecting in WV as i have had some real good permissions up there. But the winters are too much for me.

Still waiting for it to seriously snow here. Supposed to get butt cold here next week (low teens) and chances of snow thru the weekend start late afternoon so I will be off the lawns for awhile. Yesterdays silver stoked the fire so guess where Im going this morning before the snow flies? Dang shiny stuff anyways......

I'm definitely a metal detecting junkie, this cold snowy weather has me going through withdraw symptoms.
Got all my gear cleaned up and new batteries in my pinpointer and detector, just waiting to strike when the weather breaks.
Don’t forget to replenish silver coins in my hunting areas 🤭

I live in Nevada.
Just be thankful you’re not in Iowa!

I am north of Waterloo! Boy! Did we get blasted! I am also in research mode... :detecting:
ITS WINTERTIME--we used to have heavy severe snowfalls with bitter cold in ST. Louis, MO after I graduated high school & moved there--My oldest daughter was born Feb 1, 1956 wth snow on the ground & very cold weather! We haven't had weather like that for a long time --she is now 65! Even when on the farm the winters were cold with ice & snow in the 40's & 50's keeping schools closed giving my bro & me play time outdoors! Used to almost freeze before going indoors with cold swollen red feet & fingers! Oh, how they stung while warming up! Happy hunting & enjoy the SNOW! Ma

ITS WINTERTIME--we used to have heavy severe snowfalls with bitter cold in ST. Louis, MO after I graduated high school & moved there--My oldest daughter was born Feb 1, 1956 wth snow on the ground & very cold weather! We haven't had weather like that for a long time --she is now 65! Even when on the farm the winters were cold with ice & snow in the 40's & 50's keeping schools closed giving my bro & me play time outdoors! Used to almost freeze before going indoors with cold swollen red feet & fingers! Oh, how they stung while warming up! Happy hunting & enjoy the SNOW! Ma
Hey Ma! I am going to be 65 soon! Farm life was good....