Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting Permit in Peoria

WhiteKnight

Hi everyone. I am a new member here. I am pretty interested in joining the treasure club and attending a few meetings! Just tight on funds right now so I don't think I can join right this very second. I was wondering though, have any of you ever metal detected in public parks in Peoria? If so how did you go about doing it? Did you get permission from the city? Did you just do it without one? How strict are the laws regarding being caught metal detecting on a public park ground? If you have any information or stories about metal detecting in Peoria parks, I would love to hear it!

Thanks everyone and I look forward to being an active member here. :thumbup:

-WK

Welcome to the forums WK. Peoria parks, as most city parks, but not all, are open to metal detecting, permits not necessary As long as you are tidy with your recovery, by filling your holes grass side up, using a hand trowel or screwdriver to recover a target, no one will probably not say anything. If you are spotted digging with a shovel or even carrying one, people will start jumping up and down, most likely telling you to leave and never come back and so forth.

If you come to the next meeting any number of members will be happy to show you the proper way to recover targets. Hope to see you there.

Hello WK

Welcome to the forum and to metal detecting in the Peoria area.

Our next club meeting is Wednesday, June 28, at the Peoria Public Library North Branch in the McKenzie Room. The meeting starts at 6:30 PM but most of us show up closer to 6:00 PM to visit and show off our Finds Of The Month. I hope you can make it to the meeting to meet some of our members and see what the club is about.