Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-4 pinpointer sensitivity?

Kapok

I have been using an MI-4 for a couple of weeks now, and the sensitivity is just not good. I use vibrate with no sound. On program 5 I have to get within an inch of the target but if I set it up a notch to program 6 it just falses constantly, even if I hold it straight up. Anyone else experience this? I’m wondering if I have a bad unit or if it’s just this way.

Watch this video. He explaines how to setup the pinpointer on YouTube · Aussie Detectorist
11:13
XP Mi4 and Mi6 Pinpointers explained, What is the difference?
Nov 8, 2019

Watch this video. He explaines how to setup the pinpointer on YouTube · Aussie Detectorist
11:13
XP Mi4 and Mi6 Pinpointers explained, What is the difference?
Nov 8, 2019
He says to turn the vibration off but I like vibration only. I don’t need everyone in earshot hearing my pinpointer. Maybe vibration mode is just less sensitive than the two tone modes.

I have the MI6 and supposedly its identical to the MI4 except the 6 has wireless connectivity to the ORX headphones. My MI6 is way more sensitive than my Garretts and my TRX. Are you sure you've successfully adjusted the sensitivity correctly?

My last 2 mi-6 pinpointers were not as sensitive to small gold as my Garrett pro pointer AT's. And gpp did better on coins with both on Max settings.

My MI6 is at least 1" deeper on coins than my Garrett Pro pointers

I have the MI6 and supposedly its identical to the MI4 except the 6 has wireless connectivity to the ORX headphones. My MI6 is way more sensitive than my Garretts and my TRX. Are you sure you've successfully adjusted the sensitivity correctly?
I am using program 5, medium sensitivity. 6 causes a lot of falsing.

I like the MI6, and only use it with the ORX. I would use it with the other detectors, but find it a pain to re-pair it. as for sensitive I crank it up to max. I am usually able to pop a target out with a screwdriver, something I am rarly able to do with my Garrett, as the Garrett is an area locator, it puts in the ball park as to where the target is, maybe other people have had better luck than I have, but most of my holes grow to a 10 inch diameter using the Garrett.

as far as detecting small gold (Nuggets) it will not, nor will the Garrett, neither one of them will even detect the Screw in my thumb, the ORX will, I also have the fisher f-pulse, it also will not detect small gold or the screw.Larger gold that tips a scale yes they probably all will sound off.

The MI-4 has the same circuitry as the MI-6 except tor wireless connectivity. It should be just as deep and sound the same as the MI-6. I only have the MI-6 and it is the best pinpointer I have ever owned or used and I have had, and still have quite a few. The MI-6 is the most accurate pinpointer on the market! I hunt clad(because there is nothing else to hunt) and most is 4" deep or less. I use the MI-6 to locate the EXACT location of the targets, not just a general idea, and then use a screwdriver(mainly) to pop out the coin. Other pinpointers are not able to hone in on the exact location of the target because they locate off the shaft just as well as they do off the tip. The MI-6 will also detect off the shaft, but it is not as sensitive as the others. I also use my MI-6 with the WS-4 headphones and do not use vibrate, but the volume of either pinpointer is not great enouth to bother others unless they are very close. Of course, I have hearing problems!

I don’t know why my experience is different. I get so frustrated at the MI-4’s wonkiness. Sometimes I can practically touch it to the target before it responds. Maybe vibrate is just less sensitive, although I don’t know why that would be.

Tom ...... is your MI 6 paired with the ORX .....or are you running it as stand alone

Paired to the ORX. Although I do use it with my NOX occasionally.

its pretty good but interefered with the deus so a i bought a nokta scuba pro and its much better

1594812569652.png