Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MIA

TomNH

What happened to the thread about the FCC type acceptance ? Dont remember the title but
it showed up yesterday & seems to be gone. All a matter of public record BTW.
Waiting for my Platypus 800

Tom
LFOD !

My guess is a ML rep saw it and demanded it be removed. It's not the first time its happened (public info or not)

TNX all.
Finally after all these months a REAL conspiracy ! Must be a dingo behind it.

73 Tom
LFOD !

Another reason to only believe what you see with your own eyes because they only let you see what they want you to see on the forums.
Some are more relaxed then others.

greenmeanie said:
Another reason to only believe what you see with your own eyes because they only let you see what they want you to see on the forums.
Some are more relaxed then others.

Some forums are much better than others about the truth.

i wish a electronics guy could have seen it and commented on what they could make out.

TomNH said:
TNX all.
Finally after all these months a REAL conspiracy ! Must be a dingo behind it.

73 Tom
LFOD !

OMG you said the C word!!!

nagant said:
i wish a electronics guy could have seen it and commented on what they could make out.

oh, I'm sure that some of us have the link saved. if anyone wanted to take a look all theyd have to do is ask nicely.... :cheekkiss:

nagant said:
OK
Mass. Master tech #8491 issued 1975
FCC 2nd class
ham radio call KA1YHI
Factory training from 10+ consumer electronics mfg's
+40 yrs at the bench

I went back today to read everything. Easy to find. Nothing to hide in it, nothing really new.
All it was is the paperwork for a part 15 type acceptance for the blue tooth. Done by a 3rd party testing lab.
The "good stuff", schematic, block diagram & theory is protected under the law, a WISE move. So for me
I just enjoyed the pics of the innards ! The owners manual is mostly the quick start guide.

We often used the database to look up odd ball electronics. You would get a no name TV, monitor etc. built
by small asian co's. The FCC ID number would get you the OEM model number so you could get parts,
manuals etc.

No reason for ML to care, its all public record. Maybe they are just POed that someone found it & passed it along.
So if you enjoy looking at pictures of the entrails of a piece electronics have fun !

73 Tom
LFOD !

In looking at the pictures and diagrams I could not see a battery compartment. Is it in the grip under the screen?

As I’m looking more at the design it whacked me in the head....there doesn’t appear to be ANY electronics,cables,etc. incorporated into the chassis itself. This lends itself to possibly being put on an S-rod or whatever someone perhaps wants to make to suit their own needs. It certainly would make the cost of final assembly just about nothing as there isn’t any complex routing of this or that. It is VERY modular looking,and I like that quite a bit, to be honest!

Jason in Enid said:
nagant said:

oh, I'm sure that some of us have the link saved. if anyone wanted to take a look all theyd have to do is ask nicely.... :cheekkiss:

I think I saved the PDF some where is anyone wants me to find it.......

Jason in Enid said:
My guess is a ML rep saw it and demanded it be removed. It's not the first time its happened (public info or not)

Interesting. So they want their schematics taking down but they never say a word to us about... really anything?? :throw:

I posted here originally.
Thread was deleted.
No one said a word to me.

Doesn't matter.
I saw no harm.

But this is not my forum.

Gannon said:
Jason in Enid said:

Interesting. So they want their schematics taking down but they never say a word to us about... really anything?? :throw:

No idea, just a guess to explain why it disappeared.

There were never any schematics, block diagrams, or theory of operation published. They are
protected as trade secrets, see the paper work. That stuff would be real meat. Unless ML
scrubbed all the IC numbers a schematic could be made easily but it is useless without software.
ML is completely right keeping this secret & if any was here I would agree 100% with it being censored.

Although we are all "tenants at will" on the forum it would be nice when a thread or comment is
censored an explanation is given to the individual or group. Happens on other forums.....

73 Tom
LFOD !
LFAD !