Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might be time for XP to speak out on what is coming.

parkgt

Minelab is sucking up millions of dollars in purchases with the release of the Equinox. Many first time buyers as well as upgrade buyers will spend their money with Minelab leaving few interested in the offerings of XP.

The chatter on the Deus forums has slowed considerably since the release of the NOX. Many Deus owners and contributors are spending their time with NOX and more plan to once the can get one. Whether the NOX is the better machine or not is not the issue. It is the fact that ML is racking in a very large chunk of the market leaving little for the other manufacturers including XP.

If XP has something coming that might forestall a prospective buyer from purchasing a NOX, now might be the time to announce it. Not all buyers can afford multiple machines. Once those funds go to ML there may not be much left for XP's next offering.

I think minelab did a horrible job on releasing the Nox pissed a lot of people off I wanted one to go with my Deus because it’s a better beach machine
In my opinion they Deus should develop a better beach mode then people like me would not have to buy another machine!
Because I like the stability of the minelab in the saltwater don’t get me wrong I love my Deus not even had my machine a year and I find a lot of silver with it
That’s why it’s not going anywhere..,
Make a beater beach mode!!!!!!?

These are my thoughts exactly, don't want to buy another detector for the wet salt water beach but may have to buy a Nox, really don't want to Please tell me that something is being done with the Deus so it will be a multi Frequency machine.

They would sell a lot more detectors! come on the tech is there ...Anyone from Deus listening?? Ill even take it for a spin no charge!
because I love the beach!

Can't speak for XP, but I'm sure the bitter taste is still there from announcing the high frequency coils/pinpointer/v4.0 update, then having droves of people whining, screaming and demanding that they want it now and can't understand why XP doesn't deliver. Basically the same thing has happened with the latest Minelab detector release.

IF XP is working on something and IF they were to release any info to the general public, it would be the same scenario all over again.

It appears to me that the majority of society is too impatient and self centered.

Very well said!

quote="Indiana Mark"]
Can't speak for XP, but I'm sure the bitter taste is still there from announcing the high frequency coils/pinpointer/v4.0 update, then having droves of people whining, screaming and demanding that they want it now and can't understand why XP doesn't deliver. Basically the same thing has happened with the latest Minelab detector release.

IF XP is working on something and IF they were to release any info to the general public, it would be the same scenario all over again.

It appears to me that the majority of society is too impatient and self centered.[/quote]

I don't think XP is going anywhere because of Minelab anytime soon - the African continent is still buying droves of XP-manufactured detectors I forget the name of it. Depar or something like that....:confused:

It's a stripped-down version of 4.0 with less adjustability, using higher freqs and is an answer to that region's equivalent of a gold rush. $600 is a very good price to pay for what you're getting for the goldfields, however this isn't available to Western markets.

Whatever XP is releasing as an "answer" to Multi-IQ technology will have the same effect as Multi-IQ is having now - however long that takes. I knew there would be a day when another manufacturer would meet or exceed the performance of v4.1 in some settings, and there will be another day somewhere down the road when either XP or someone else will release a detector that's a little faster, a little clearer, a little deeper on those iffy targets....and the process repeats....

Indiana Mark said:

It appears to me that the majority of society is too impatient and self centered.

I like this guy :)

xp deus still predominates at club rallies in the UK so buyers dont seem bothered about rushing out to buy new products such as the nox

Indiana Mark said:

My thoughts exactly I did not run out to "upgrade my coil" to a HF one 1 because I have had great success with the standard LF 9" coil it works for exactly what I do.
I just wanted a waterproof machine to hunt in the water so that's why I waited for the nox I'm not spending $365.00 to upgrade my coil!?!!
It is just not worth the money to me that's almost half of what the Nox costs the 800!

Same thing here, have of my time is at the beach, been waiting for a better Deus in salt water, didn't want to spend money on HF coil and still not work well in wet sand, so ordered the Nox 600 for wet beach use. If Deus gets their act together and produces, i will probably sell the 600 because i like so many things the the Deus has. We will see

The Deus is my favorite machine it works perfectly on soil for me so because of that it will sta
stay with my equinox for me that’s all I need.
There is a saying “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” I would just like to see Deus improve on the beach
Modes.

greenmeanie said:
Not going to happen on a single freq machine.
It already has more than one frequency built into it maybe they can?

Gary:

We have become a society of me, me, me.... and I want it now, "so it better be available"...... Or else !.....:shrug: