Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Might be time for XP to speak out on what is coming.

I have a Nox 800 and a Deus and as of late my Nox has been sitting in the closet. The Deus is just a much more fun detector to swing (IMO).

Just received my Nox 600 and will be using it on the beach for the wet sand, that said my Deus will be hunting the rest, i have done some comparisons and the Deus,it is still #1 for being lite and detects bottle caps much better, the Nox doesn't do well when you drag back on the coil, doesn't give a grunt like my Deus and if you get the nox up against a pole and drag it away it will not pick up a dime 2" from the pole the Deus will. I have recovered many targets next to metal poles with the Deus.

ynnek4 said:
I have a Nox 800 and a Deus and as of late my Nox has been sitting in the closet. The Deus is just a much more fun detector to swing (IMO).

If ya decide to trade that nox in the closet for another Deus let me know by message

I have the ctx which is a great water machine but I know its not an option for lots of folks. Go to the ML Treasure Net site. It has a great article on why the EQ 600 which is even less expensive may be a better option than the 800 for most folks especially as a backup. HH

LTimedigger said:
I have the ctx which is a great water machine but I know its not an option for lots of folks. Go to the ML Treasure Net site. It has a great article on why the EQ 600 which is even less expensive may be a better option than the 800 for most folks especially as a backup. HH

Yes Sir I agree but already own the 600 now looking for the 800

For those who are complaining about not getting information about a newer Deus or multi frequency mode, i suggest you put some work in and learn the machine you already have more thoroughly! It is still one of the best machines on the market hands down. Don't get caught up in the hype, I spent the long frozen ground winter months re-watching the skills school videos by Gary and have learned some valuable tips for many of the sites I have already hunted and have been able to use those tips and it was like finding a new site all over again with what I was able to pull out. The newer detectors on the market may be able to give a slight increase in results to the novice detectorist on certain sites, but its still up to the user to learn his machine and tweak settings to get the most from each hunt. Those who feel that their Deus is obsolete are sadly discontent and are taking for granted the powerful machine they currently own. It hasn't let me down in many diverse locations, Freshwater beaches, lakes, ocean beaches, farm fields, parks, yards. Not to mention the Deus being so light you can outlast just about anyone using a different detector and not fatigue to the point your digging gets sloppy and you hit a target while digging. Technology progresses at an amazing pace. For those who have done this amazing hobby for any length of time knows eventually they may buy a new detector, personally I did a ton of homework before I purchased my XP Deus 3 years ago, and I am very happy and content with not just my detector but what I have been able to learn in a short amount of time to adjust settings to site conditions and pull out targets that others miss. I also know that I miss some targets and have gone over some sites well over 10 times and as I play with settings continue to pull valuable targets I know I have been over many times. Although I am curious about the newer detectors I have no plans of buying anything else anytime soon. Each person must decide for themselves, I just hate the thought of someone spending more money on something that may not give them any more success than if they were to just learn what they have to a better degree.

I have been using the XP Deus for 8 years and it has opened up a new world to this Ex Minelab nut.

I have found some wonderful finds, which are in various museums it also located me one of the worlds rarest coins.

Iam only interested in progression and when the time is right XP will surprise us.

Until then I will keep having fun with the Mighty Deus.

Happy Hunting,:thumbup:

Jerry.

The main thing I would XP to do is make a bigger screen, my eyes are not as good as they were, and as such I have to mess about with my glasses. So a bigger, clearer screen would be enough for me. A man of simple needs .

I've been detecting since 1979 and over the years have tried many different detectors from all the manufacturers. Metered, none metered, single frequency, multi frequency. They all did what they were supposed to do. They came and they went but the ones I've kept and used the most over the years have been the Whites 5900\6000 series and all the Minelab Sovereigns. It took me a long time to decide to try the Deus. For my ground and the type of hunting I do outside of beach hunting it is without a doubt the best detector I've ever used. If a person takes the time to actually learn what each setting does and how each setting can be adjusted for your ground and different hunting conditions you won't need any other detector for land hunting. Set up right it is every bit as deep as the Minelabs. Set it up right and it is the best I've ever used in thick iron and trash. I haven't bought another detector since I got the Deus and I haven't seen anything since then that even peeks my interest.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't trade my Deus for any detector on the market today and i have owned several detectors and all were better than the last but still didn't compare to the Deus.

I did purchase a Equinox 600 and it performs much better in salt water but after that, that is where the Deus shines. even though the Nox is light its twice the weight of the Deus.

crazyman said:
I've been detecting since 1979 and over the years have tried many different detectors from all the manufacturers. Metered, none metered, single frequency, multi frequency. They all did what they were supposed to do. They came and they went but the ones I've kept and used the most over the years have been the Whites 5900\6000 series and all the Minelab Sovereigns. It took me a long time to decide to try the Deus. For my ground and the type of hunting I do outside of beach hunting it is without a doubt the best detector I've ever used. If a person takes the time to actually learn what each setting does and how each setting can be adjusted for your ground and different hunting conditions you won't need any other detector for land hunting. Set up right it is every bit as deep as the Minelabs. Set it up right and it is the best I've ever used in thick iron and trash. I haven't bought another detector since I got the Deus and I haven't seen anything since then that even peeks my interest.

Finding valuable targets in thick iron is what the likes of the goldmax power and deus were designed for.Basically,they were designed to locate tiny hammered and roman coins on ancient sites in europe that are usually littered with all sorts of iron.......and they are the best machines hands down for doing it like crazyman says.
I don't think xp are going to be too worried about their machine not being a great beach machine.......they sell plenty of detectors on the basis of their original design parameters.......as an inland machine that is by far the best at locating small non ferous items amongst the iron.......if you need a good beach machine,get a dedicated beach machine.......no one detecter can have inland performance like the deus and the beach performance of a dedicated beach machine,it is'nt going to happen any time soon either.

The XP is a great beach machine for ... fresh water or any beach in the dry sand.
If you need a saltwater machine that handles the wet sand and shallow water then look elsewhere.
Detectors are tools and the perfect "Swiss Army Knife" of metal detectors has yet to be offered.
Some come very close ... (NOX).

Digger 45 said:
Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't trade my Deus for any detector on the market today and i have owned several detectors and all were better than the last but still didn't compare to the Deus.

I did purchase a Equinox 600 and it performs much better in salt water but after that, that is where the Deus shines. even though the Nox is light its twice the weight of the Deus.

Agree I own the Deus and bought the 600 as well the 600 is a nice detector and I am sure the 800 is better detector for the simple reason of more options . nothing bad to say about them but I still like my Deus over it , sold the 600 to my son as he liked it will keep the Deus because it shines in my soil . may get an 800 later when they flood the market and the prices come down and I know they will

BarryL said:

If ya decide to trade that nox in the closet for another Deus let me know by message

disregard keeping the Deus seems I do better with it than I do with Nox