Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Military discount Minelab Manticore.

nalc472

I checked around. Found one dealer that will be giving the minelab military discount. I will not post here because of rules. You can pm me If you want to know where. One dealer told me due to demand will not give me the discount. :(

I’m going to state my own personal experience and members can do their own math and come to their own conclusion about what the military discount does or doesn’t mean.
I waited to buy my Equinox 800 til about a year after they were really out. I’m not a vet, or even a veteran for that matter. At that time the machine MSRP was 899$. I bought my 800 flat out shipped to my door for 749$.
i have no idea what the margins are on this new machine and it would stand to reason that while demand out paces supply, discounts of ANY kind might be hard to come by. But when the time comes to buy, just consider the above.

I checked around. Found one dealer that will be giving the minelab military discount. I will not post here because of rules. You can pm me If you want to know where. One dealer told me due to demand will not give me the discount.

Probably the same dealer I asked. I told him I thought it was a discount offered directly from the manufacturer but he said the manufacturer compensates the dealer “some” but until back orders are all met no discounts.
Just a Vietnam vet looking for any discount I can get. I can wait.

I checked around. Found one dealer that will be giving the minelab military discount. I will not post here because of rules. You can pm me If you want to know where. One dealer told me due to demand will not give me the discount. :(
Heres the thing, the veterans discount is through Minelab so any dealer not willing should be passed over. My guy gave me the veterans discount as should any dealer. I did not know of the veteran discount when I ordered my 800 and paid MSRP up front in full. And waited from 9-22-17 till 2-28 18 I guess some dealers can't take the hit.

Heres the thing, the veterans discount is through Minelab so any dealer not willing should be passed over. My guy gave me the veterans discount as should any dealer. I did not know of the veteran discount when I ordered my 800 and paid MSRP up front in full. And waited from 9-22-17 till 2-28 18 I guess some dealers can't take the hit.
Those dealers not giving Military discounts (when they can) must not be vets themselves.----Pass them by & go to one that will.---It will cost them business in the long run--people remember things!

Those dealers not giving Military discounts (when they can) must not be vets themselves.----Pass them by & go to one that will.---It will cost them business in the long run--people remember things!
True, I have not done business with the guy since. In todays world the vet is revered and appreciated. Heres a true story, when I came home, in uniform, standing on the street in downtown Pittsburgh waiting for the bus, longhairs looked and spit on the sidewalk. Called us baby killers. When I got to my stop, the bus driver put his hand over the change box and nodded. I have never forgot that. So thanks to Minelab and to all vets for your service. On a brighter note, a pretty young lady said she would be proud to share my seat on the ride and yes I did get a date. Just some memories of an old Md'r

True, I have not done business with the guy since. In todays world the vet is revered and appreciated. Heres a true story, when I came home, in uniform, standing on the street in downtown Pittsburgh waiting for the bus, longhairs looked and spit on the sidewalk. Called us baby killers. When I got to my stop, the bus driver put his hand over the change box and nodded. I have never forgot that. So thanks to Minelab and to all vets for your service. On a brighter note, a pretty young lady said she would be proud to share my seat on the ride and yes I did get a date. Just some memories of an old Md'r
Thanks to ALL you vets for your service to our great country!

Here is what the dealer said

Due to the extreme limited availability we are not going to do any kind of promotional discounts on this machine until we have all back orders filled. I suspect before this is over it'll be months before that happens

Yes, I was embarrassed to let people know I was a vet, because that generation really looked down on us and treated us like crap. So glad that things have changed, and vets now are respected and appreciated.

Yes, I was embarrassed to let people know I was a vet, because that generation really looked down on us and treated us like crap. So glad that things have changed, and vets now are respected and appreciated.
For what ever reason I didn't have that experience. Came back from Vietnam/Air Force and was treated very well. I know that wasn't always the case

One dealer in my state had them listed $1299.00 but after I asked changed it.
Mark

Respectfully, if I found (1) one providing a Military Discount I would purchase from none other!
I am very patriotic.
All of my Military
Brothers and Sisters, no matter what branch deserve equal accommodations.
When I purchased my Minelab Equinox 800 it was customary the company provided a Military Discount.
Therefore, it was the rule that a customer purchasing a Minelab product received Military honors! Not an exception.
Their home page to my knowledge still list Military Discount: 15% Discount.
While I am surfing the Internet at this time I find numerous links indicating a Military Discount.

Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

I emailed Minelab , here's their response

"
Thank you for your email!

Yes, the Minelab Military Discount Program is eligible on the new BEAST, Minelab MANTICORE.

Please note, the Military Discount Program is only available for (1) Detector per Calendar Year.

Example: Purchased on July 1st, 2022, eligible again on July 1st, 2023.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. "

All well and good but I’ve had two vendors tell me it doesn’t apply at this time.
In fairness I haven’t been searching real hard for vendors that might offer it.

i got my preorder with military discount. Out the door price of 1463.00 usd

i got my preorder with military discount. Out the door price of 1463.00 usd
Mine came a few bucks more with the mil discount with the added state sales tax but I’m grateful that at least one vendor is honoring the military discount Minelab offers. I think I was given a load of bs from another vendor that said no discounts until back orders are filled. I think I’m done doing business there!

I hope dealers on here read the post from vets. We share info. If U don't offer discounts that minelab approves we will just tell our other vets to not buy from your site. Just think of the millions of vets out there who are potential customers. Just my 2 cents. If U want to know where I got mine with a 239. usd military discount shoot me a PM.

Mine came a few bucks more with the mil discount with the added state sales tax but I’m grateful that at least one vendor is honoring the military discount Minelab offers. I think I was given a load of bs from another vendor that said no discounts until back orders are filled. I think I’m done doing business there!
I CERTAINLY would be done doing business there.-----My dealer is a vet & he honors vets.----If your dealer isn't a vet (and there may well be reasons for this)----BUT----he/she should honor Minelabs military discount for vets----nuff said.