Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Americas Customer Care

jayhop

I finally broke my 11 inch coil Saturday.
I have been very careful, didn't think it was going to happen to me. 2 years and 4 months is what it lasted.
I emailed pictures of the broken ears and serial number to minelab Sunday.
I called twice yesterday. I had to leave a message because they had extended wait time due to high call volume.

I haven't received a reply to the email and my phone call hasn't been returned.

I've only had warranty repairs done by minelab twice in the past and both times I was really pleased with the service. But that was maybe 4 and 6 years ago.

It looks like things are a changing.

I remember them taking longer to get back to me but they came through.
Hang in there a bit and see.
I had to mail mine back before they mailed me a new one but that came quickly.
Stay positive,
Tony

I had a coil replaced last week, the lady on the phone said they have been really swamped lately..
It was my first time doing a warranty claim, I had to mail my coil back, they verified it was defective then I received my replacement about 3 days later.
I'm just glad I had a spare coil on hand so I didn't have any downtime while I waited on the replacement to come.

I had a coil replaced last week, the lady on the phone said they have been really swamped lately..
It was my first time doing a warranty claim, I had to mail my coil back, they verified it was defective then I received my replacement about 3 days later.
I'm just glad I had a spare coil on hand so I didn't have any downtime while I waited on the replacement to come.
They know the coils are defective. I'm not an expert on plastics but it's obvious the ears are too thin and the plastic too hard or brittle.

Here is a phone number I had for a warranty center in Pennsylvania...I bought a part for my Explorer SE from them a couple of months back. It won't hurt to try them! 814-283-4270. Happy Easter everyone and HH! Ted
Thank you, I'll give it a try. I still have no response at all.

Here is a phone number I had for a warranty center in Pennsylvania...I bought a part for my Explorer SE from them a couple of months back. It won't hurt to try them! 814-283-4270. Happy Easter everyone and HH! Ted
Thanks but same thing, just got a recording.

Just tried the customer service number again.
No answer except for the recording, but they did sincerely apologize.
This isn't good.

Try this....
Just checked their website. They say email and call the same contacts I've already done.
I'll just have to wait.

Let us know if that works for you! (y)
I tried to call this morning and finally got to talk to someone.
They haven't called or emailed.
After talking to them today I did get the email with return instructions.
The email had this message:
"Send coil only. Also note at this time we are experiencing high volumes, unfortunately we are currently seeing 20 Business day turn around times."
I'm really glad I have a second equinox. Three weeks without a detector that's now going for $950, that's a little hard to swallow.
Plus I sent the picture of the broken coil ears and the serial number in the same image. Looks like they could send a new coil without a return.
I really hope another company comes out with a comparable detector soon. Of course I mean comparable in technology and features, not build quality.

They know the coils are defective. I'm not an expert on plastics but it's obvious the ears are too thin and the plastic too hard or brittle.
IMHO they have known this for too long. The problem was common back when I had my Xterra 705. It is still common now from what I can see. Why can't they get their coil ears issue fixed after so many years ?

IMHO they have known this for too long. The problem was common back when I had my Xterra 705. It is still common now from what I can see. Why can't they get their coil ears issue fixed after so many years ?
I hate to say it but why should they worry about it? We keep buying their detectors.
They know for now their technology will keep you coming back.
But it does look like it would be cheaper to fix the problem than to keep replacing coils.
I've been really easy on my coil since I already knew of the problem but it still broke.
I've had an Excalibur and a CTX. Didn't have a problem with those.
And now that I think of it if it takes them 20 business days that will put me without the coil for a month since I contacted them.

There is one other reason they may not be worried about it. I just did a search on Google for minelab equinox 11in coil.
There are several places that are out of stock. Looks like people are buying a new coil for a machine out of warranty or to have a backup. So they are selling more coils.
When mine goes out of warranty I'm going to epoxy a coil stiffener to the coil, it may add some extra weight but it shouldn't break.

I called them about a wobbly shaft over a month ago. I also had to leave a msg for a call back. 8 days later I received a call from them. The lady was not very pleasant and acted like she could care less. Anyway, she said she would have a middle shaft mailed out to me. I received an email 3 days later confirming the shaft would be shipped and a tracking number. That was on March 17th and still no shaft. I assume it is hung up in the the postal service. I got fed up and bought Steves Shaft Kit with the counterweight. Amazing service and the fit and finish was better that I expected. I'm so glad Minelab Service sucks or I may not have bought this. It made such a difference in the feel of the machine and the counterweight really helps balance the machine. Not the mention it looks fantastic. Now it is fun swing.