Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Application needs update for EQ manual

Ytcoinshooter

I know it's of little importance to most people here but I like the manuals within the Minelab app, I don't really use the other features except the manuals. I know I can keep a link on my smartphone but I like the way the manuals are quickly accessed within the app. I've got all kind of links in my home screen for my other detectors so I can reference them when I'm out hunting but it's not as slick. Hey, for those of us with "CRS" it's a benefit. Anyways I'm now looking forward trying out an EQ, great reports on this forum.
Ok don't beat up in me for posting this :starwars:

I am with you, Ytcoinshooter! I was out hunting the Equinox a couple of days ago, and I had a question about ground balance, and wanted to peek at the manual. So, I opened up the Minelab app on my phone, and, NO EQUINOX MANUAL!

Steve

I think it's of importance. Especially now that most are learning how to use this new detector.

The Equinox 800/600 manual is a downloadable pdf document.(7.6 mgb file).

I emailed that file to myself and opened it on an iphone 5s. This manual can now be read off phone anytime anywhere without depending on a dedicated app other than one Apple Iphone uses or a connection of any sort.

I also opened and saved it into Books and can be moved and stored as a pdf in there.

Very handy and compact I think.

Print out in color for easier reading and marking up or taking notes on paper.
You can also print out one or two pages to carry with you.
Believe it or not, I do not carry. (a cellphone that is) :crylol:

I would like the Equinox manual be added to the Minelab App as well. I have found this App to be helpful for me, when out in the field. Carrying a pen and paper never worked very well for me, especially if it is rainy. Also, I use the cell phone Voice Memo or Note function for identifying my Way Points and Find Points when using the CTX, or using a GPS device to mark target locations, as well as a pic of a find if it is something really nice...HH

I've spoken with Minelab about putting the EQUINOX manual on their App. I'll let you know the results. HH Randy