Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Death Match

reffitt20

Now that Ctx3030 Has had time to get it's feet wet I want to pose a question to you guys.

If price didn't matter is the 3030 better than the etrac?,,,significantly?,,,Pros and cons from each machine for you people who have actually used both extensively?

Is the 3030 better than the E-Trac? ABSOLUTELY it is!

significantly? That depends on the person. It's not like comparing a compadre to an E-Trac, but it is deeper, faster and more accurate. Some people are willing to pay for that extra couple inches of depth, some are not. This is also dependant on your location.

CTX pro - it does everything the E-Trac does, but it does it better. The CTX has better ergonomics than the E-Trac. I can swing a 3030 all day without fatigue. The E-Trac wore me out after a few hours. The only con to the 3030 is the price.

Does this question have to keep coming up.

it does have to keep coming up GKMan as new people get the CTX they have valid questions. i guess it is going to be like this in cycles. i guess you can either ignore these types of posts so as to not be aggravated or help out the newbies... JMHO...

I'm with Jason. No doubt it is better. How much better would vary depending on the person and conditions.

If they both cost the same I'd go CTX hands downs.

I too had the same question when I was looking at the two, only i was coming from a se pro. talked to many different people tried them both out, depth and detecting wise they were very close and if I already had the e-trak i would probably stick with that until a newer version of the ctx came out, but what sold me on buying the ctx ( other than it is a more stable on the beach and a little bit deeper where i hunt ) was the water proof feature, I like the ability to hunt any where any time, pouring rain, waist deep in water, working in the mud and puddles not worrying about the detector, and when done just hose it off and it is ready for the next hunt. for me it is a lot more versatile detector than the e-trak. sort of the 4x4 suv of detectors. but if you don't need the extra features and price is an issue the e-trak is a solid machine. dfly

I've came from top of line whites and got hold of one of these. Everything else I have ever used is just toys.

Yes, it is better but, no deeper and, slower to use.
E Trac is quicker [ to suss out ] targets.
Cross comparing targets in all 4 modes of the cee tee ex can be slow and misleading oftentimes!

Des D said:
Yes, it is better but, no deeper and, slower to use.
E Trac is quicker [ to suss out ] targets.
Cross comparing targets in all 4 modes of the cee tee ex can be slow and misleading oftentimes!

Gee, Des, it sure is great that you can switch between 2 modes with a single button press to compare target readings! Never heard anybody tell anyone to look at targets in every mode. You are also completely wrong about it CTX being slower.

Well I guess if you actually switched between 4 modes to make a dig no dig dicision it would be slower than the Etrac.

I don't think Des was talking about processing speed.

martygene said:
it does have to keep coming up GKMan as new people get the CTX they have valid questions. i guess it is going to be like this in cycles. i guess you can either ignore these types of posts so as to not be aggravated or help out the newbies... JMHO...

But Marty, it's not like the questions and answers previously asked have disappeared from the forum...There is boatloads of information on probably every part of the CTX out there... I know there is. I have been here since the beginning...
This is one of the times it is good to point out to people to they can use the search function in the forum or directly from Google.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS592US592&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=findmall.com+ctx+etrac+site:www.findmall.com

Or as another member recently pointed out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ctx+etrac+site%3Awww.findmall.com

GKMan said:
Or as another member recently pointed out...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ctx+etrac+site%3Awww.findmall.com

HAHAHAHA!

Ah yes CKMan, using search is quite another matter.... I guess We don't know how many people do search before asking...and the beat goes on...

By the way Martygene.. I know I still owe you a call.

When will there be an update to the CTX software?

Harharhar,but now that you mention it. ..

First it's funny that you found the post
Second it's funny that it's 9:45 at night on a Tuesday and it only took you 16 minutes to find it.
Third you knew it was aimed directly at you.
Just funny

Don't pick on the Newbies Gary their cute

Everybody was a newb at one time but there's a lot of imfo here to speed up the process of how to use it .But the quickest way is to hit the trashes place and dig and dig tell you can almost guess what's under the coil coins with iron coins with pull-tabs coins with foil and what not well speed up your knowledge base fairly quick .
Everybody says to hunt areas with few signals when starting out but if your not digging your not learning the more you dig the more you will know and that comes from digging .:thumbup: sube

foreign object said:
Well I guess if you actually switched between 4 modes to make a dig no dig dicision it would be slower than the Etrac.

I don't think Des was talking about processing speed.

"Correctomundo foreign object"

Yes, you can [ stand there ] and go in and out of FC, GC, and others filter sets and [ look at Target Trace ] and [ listen to many Tone variations ] and 15mins later dig it up and see "what gives?"

That is precisely what I did for the 3 years ever any of you guys got their mitts on a Cee Tee Ex...:yikes:
And I still don't like it! Prefer the 'quicker to use' E Trac...

Just my 2c worth..

Des it must be a lot foggier over in your neck of the woods than mine. I have and still use both the E-Trac and the Cee Tee Exx and they do not even come close to depth or depth with ID. I do love the X-1 probe on the E-Trac but my CTX is a great machine especially on civil war relics and on the beach although my Excall still is the top hog at the trough when it comes to water hunting. HH :minelab: