Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Glad we got that out of the way!
Now we can focus on the futuristic Manticore

Keep in mind being out of the loop for a while i just recently learned about all these new light detectors with all the new features. I was still thinking we were in the days of when the vaquero was new. I still regret selling mine and would have been nice to still have but not spending that much to go back to one when I already have something with alot more features.
If i can now learn to like the screen with vdi is the focus

It will probably be a very good unmasker in the trash. Raw depth we will be similar to the nox probably. possibly a tad deeper but we will have to wait and see.
There is a big waiting list i know that.

From seeing what some dealers are saying to their customers in other parts of the world, I expect the Manticore to be released at the end of November with shipments reaching customers by December 15th in the U.S. That's still over a month away but much better than 2023.
The Manticore is going to be a leap up from the Nox with better depth, more accurate TID, faster recovery, more robust hardware and maybe a couple of surprise features. This will be my first new detector in over a decade so I'm excited to get one in my hands.

My plan is to cash in my gold and silver beach finds from this year and buy either the Deus II or the Manticore. I'll wait for the dust to settle with the comparisons and testing. Either way, I'm excited about getting a new machine! Personally, I hope the Manticore will be the winner. I do like my Nox!

The Manticore sounds like a great all purpose machine. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. If it even comes close, I will buy one. Waiting to see.

The one thing I care about is will the Manticore be really waterproof? Not waterproof like the NOX600-800 where it seems to be for some and a very big problem for others. I had a NOX 800 and it leaked. So Minelab sent me a new one....that one leaked too. So I got a new one and sold it and got a Deus II. It does not leak. I like it a lot....but I really liked the NOX and wished it was waterproof for sure....BTW, the Deus II is a bit deeper and hits gold and silver chains just fine....the NOX 800 had problems with chain. NO word yet from those who have used the Manticore if chain is now able to be detected.

I see where some of the prolific YouTubers have switched to the Deus II. Got sick of leaking NOX's. At almost double the price of a NOX, the Deus II had better be good! So far for me, it is. The NOX is close but the Deus II has it beat in so many ways....still not convinced that the Deus II is worth almost twice the NOX 800's price though. Yeah, the Deus II has paid for itself. The NOX 800 did too....a lot quicker !!!!

The Manticore sounds like a great all purpose machine. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. If it even comes close, I will buy one. Waiting to see.

The one thing I care about is will the Manticore be really waterproof? Not waterproof like the NOX600-800 where it seems to be for some and a very big problem for others. I had a NOX 800 and it leaked. So Minelab sent me a new one....that one leaked too. So I got a new one and sold it and got a Deus II. It does not leak. I like it a lot....but I really liked the NOX and wished it was waterproof for sure....BTW, the Deus II is a bit deeper and hits gold and silver chains just fine....the NOX 800 had problems with chain. NO word yet from those who have used the Manticore if chain is now able to be detected.

I see where some of the prolific YouTubers have switched to the Deus II. Got sick of leaking NOX's. At almost double the price of a NOX, the Deus II had better be good! So far for me, it is. The NOX is close but the Deus II has it beat in so many ways....still not convinced that the Deus II is worth almost twice the NOX 800's price though. Yeah, the Deus II has paid for itself. The NOX 800 did too....a lot quicker !!!!
Yeah unfortunately i like it also with the exception of the leaking issues.

Crickets from CS01

My plan is to cash in my gold and silver beach finds from this year and buy either the Deus II or the Manticore. I'll wait for the dust to settle with the comparisons and testing. Either way, I'm excited about getting a new machine! Personally, I hope the Manticore will be the winner. I do like my Nox!
Same here I have a Deus2 and Equinox and its my go to machine but will sell it when the Manticore comes out just keep Deus 2 to and Manticore.
Mark

I've got my order in for a Manticore and I'm excited to get it. I also just recently got a Nokta Legend to keep as a backup and to use until the Manticore arrives.

Since Minelab just this month (Nov.) sent the info for the new Bluetooth LE headphones to the FCC for approval, I think it is going to be 2023 before we see the "Beast".

Personally I do not see the reason for pre ordering a detector or even rushing to buy one, especially if what you have now is performing fine…. Just my two cents.
Exactly. Especially after what my beeper has been finding me 🫢

Ive been considering if I’d be an early adopter of the Core. It has in its feature set what I felt the EQX was missing. I’ve had my 800 since March 2018, 2 yrs later buying a 600 for my wife to use on the beach and travel. I’ve had zero problems from my heavily used 800, woods, fields and cellar holes. Hiking off trail and bumping into every tangle and hazard. I hunted many times in the ocean with it, Cape Cod, FLORIDA and Cancun - Playa del Carmen. It’s not my go to for water work up to my neck due to my method of finding real deep targets. Killer on the beach sand (deep) and for quickly assessing the presence of new water drops. I have 5 dedicated water detectors, my modded Excalibur 2 and the PI’s getting more use overall. The 600 is still minty seeing light sand use only. I’d like to shorten the 600 or my 800 for her to use snorkeling instead of the handhelds she’s tried. NOX, It’s a great travel detector, stable, versatile and it doesn’t fatigue me.
I’ll pick up the manticore at some point. Getting on a waiting list isn’t appealing. I may contact one dealer in the Tampa area I know. If I can pick it up in person before heading north in May he can bang my credit card. My shipping address changes a couple times a year so that complicated getting on a waiting list. How much the Manticore delivers over the NOX, we are all waiting.
HH - Bruce

I've had the NOX 600 and 800 for years, they've been used hardily. My wife ran the 600 over and only crushed the rod. Both have been used in snow rain ice and water hunting many time and have not had a problem with either. The get fully submerged for hours. Both have paid for each other many times over. I used my silver Kennedy halves won from our club with my Nox's to pay for half of the Manticore and a couple of pieces of jewelry to pay for the rest. I have been hitting exceptionally deep coins with the Nox and have maxed it out for most of this year. FOr me it's time to try another machine. But I tell others that if your not hitting and digging 9"-10" coins regularly then stay with what you have and learn it first.

I've had the NOX 600 and 800 for years, they've been used hardily. My wife ran the 600 over and only crushed the rod. Both have been used in snow rain ice and water hunting many time and have not had a problem with either. The get fully submerged for hours. Both have paid for each other many times over. I used my silver Kennedy halves won from our club with my Nox's to pay for half of the Manticore and a couple of pieces of jewelry to pay for the rest. I have been hitting exceptionally deep coins with the Nox and have maxed it out for most of this year. FOr me it's time to try another machine. But I tell others that if your not hitting and digging 9"-10" coins regularly then stay with what you have and learn it first.
So i never knew anyone who hunts in snow and ice. Maybe its more common than I think.
Just curious as the ground is frozen covered in ice isn’t it like digging through concrete? Just curious as to what tools you use to dig and how deep.

Keep in mind being out of the loop for a while i just recently learned about all these new light detectors with all the new features. I was still thinking we were in the days of when the vaquero was new. I still regret selling mine and would have been nice to still have but not spending that much to go back to one when I already have something with alot more features.
If i can now learn to like the screen with vdi is the focus
IMHO --- Tones still rule, even with my bad hearing I can tell when a VDI does not match up with the tones I am hearing. For example, in some parks (read this as soil conditions too and wet/dry etc.) the VDI on my EQ 800 will contend the target is in the penny range, yet the tone tells me it is a dime. And, visa-versa when the dime VDI will not match the penny tones. I just pay close attention to the sounds coming at me. Sure I check the VDI, or how else would I know the variations of tone matching/not matching VDI Numbers. The tones, of course, are dependent on the program, the discrimination, trash density, ground balance, EMI, volume, quality of headphones, humidity and temperature, my hearing health, etc. Still, the tones win over 95 percent of the time. HH

When hunting in snow and ice you have to read the ground. Under trees is usuaLoy soft, under leaves, in heavily saturated areas. Also look to where the sun hits. For us right now it’s best to dig the North and East facing areas. Eventually all the ground will freeze solid, I do detect then because you will ruin your targets getting them out. I usually take a 12” screwdriver and scout the areas for soft or at least thinly frozen ground

I will be waiting for the famous or maybe we could call him infamous calabash digger on you tube to evaluate it. He will be the first one to post tests of the manticore for sure. The depth tests he does
don't convince me too much of anything though with his amazing depths that he gets in his garden because his soil is pure and clean. I get half the depth he gets in my soil here. If the manticore is better than
the equinox it will be an a detector worth having if you have the money for it that is. I can't afford a manticore this year , i would have to sell my other detectors to afford a manticore. One thing is sure
in my opinion , it will be a lot more money for what might be a little extra performance.