Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pro-Swing 45 question

pulltabfelix

I have recently purchchased the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 with the stiffing bar to transfer the weight from the shoulder to the lower back.

On a recent this stiffing bar fell out and I didn't notice it was gone until I got back to my car. Fortunately this was a small test hunt, so found it easily by retracing my tracks.
Anyone figured a good way to keep this from happening. I am thinking of tying the stiffing rod to the harness with some fishing line. Any better suggestions?

John

I have recently purchchased the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 with the stiffing bar to transfer the weight from the shoulder to the lower back.

On a recent this stiffing bar fell out and I didn't notice it was gone until I got back to my car. Fortunately this was a small test hunt, so found it easily by retracing my tracks.
Anyone figured a good way to keep this from happening. I am thinking of tying the stiffing rod to the harness with some fishing line. Any better suggestions?

John
I have used duck tape where the two shafts come together.

I have used duck tape where the two shafts come together.
I am not sure that will help. mine fell out of the harness slots but did not come apart and the joint.

Reverse duct tape on it and jam it in . sube
Ah, now I see what you mean. I never would have thought of that. Thanks a Lot.

I got mine exactly as I wanted it, put epoxy on the ball joint of the strut and snapped it in, which keeps it in the socket and keeps the end from turning and unwinding itself.

I got mine exactly as I wanted it, put epoxy on the ball joint of the strut and snapped it in, which keeps it in the socket and keeps the end from turning and unwinding itself.
What? Snapped???? I guess I should read my directions more carefully. I was not pushing it in hard enough. I guess you all now think I am rather slow on the uptake. Man I would never make it as a detectorist without these forums. I am NOT joking about that. Just imagine trying to learn the Nox 800 as a newbie without help.

Any way to get replacement parts? I lost one of mine. Not sure it makes a difference but if I could get another cheap I would.

Any way to get replacement parts? I lost one of mine. Not sure it makes a difference but if I could get another cheap I would.
Not sure about cheap but maybe as a reference to it, here's a couple of links in Australia. Minelab Pro-Swing 45 Strut and Crossbar Kit WA Stock 3011-0292.

I had to do what Tom did. got back to the car and the plastic L support brace was missing. Fortunately I was hunting a specific area in the park and found it quickly. What happened was I did not snap it in properly and actually hear the snap. So I listen for that each time, plus the screw adjustment area I used duct tape to keep it from separating. Love duct tape, cannot imagine a world without it.