Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Safari

Has anyone had any experience with a Minelab Safari. I've been eyeing one for a while

There was a post on the MXT Forum that a guy had one and didn't care too much for it. That's all I know about it. I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts. HH, Nancy

I think it is a good detector once you get used to it, I don't have any experience with one though.

Been doing a little research and there are a lot of satisfied users with the Safari but the SE and E-Trac seems to be much better, it probably boils down to price on what you should get. If you were going to buy new, the same money could buy a nice used E-Trac or an SE with money left over for accessories :shrug:

On the other hand, if you are looking at a used Safari, I don't think you would be disappointed with it and you can alway upgrade in the future.

Here is a post you might want to read Louie. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,2038561

Thanks for the info everyone. Yeah Larry, I was looking at one on e-bay, but it went too high. It came with three coils. It went for a steal, but still too high for me.

Louie

I ran accross a guy hunting with a Safari and he loved it. Had a pretty good pile of goodies as well.

There is an E-Trac listed in the classified here. I don't know what your price range is but the guy is asking $850 shipped.

The Findmall classifieds is a good place to buy. I just bought a F2 from a guy on there. Was a great deal and fast shipping. There is also a feedback section you can search and make sure the person you may buy from is a good dealer. Many of the people also have their own website and except PayPal.

Good luck Louie!

I owned a safari for a year and used it 3-4 times a week. A good machine. But.....i purchased a used etrac off these forums ND ill never look back. In just a week at hunted out parks ive pulled 4 silver. An ih and many wheats. Imo etrac is the way to go if you have the extra $!