Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab service was super quick only a 6 day turnaround.....

Thanks Jas, I knew someone had posted that but didn't remember who. I may be doing the same at some point..

jas415 said:
Minelab has always done their best to get it done, and done right, IMHO. I agree about the coils. I was told that if the coil, or wiring, is bad, they dont repair, they ship out a new one. A month ago I sent in a stock mid size coil because of split wiring at the grommet are where the cable enters the coil head. Got that back in one week. Friend sent in an E-trac that was refusing to detect anything deeper than an inch, would not even pick up a coin in the air at 2 inches. The E-trac is supposed to be on the bench in 2 more weeks. So he is looking at about a 5-6 week turn around. As I understand it, the repair center is at Kellyco, but Kellyco, the company, is really not involved at all in the repair, or transactions that take place. So, always best to call Minelab repair center, even though Kellyco says on their web site to call them first before sending in a machine.

I think Kellyco is saying call them first because they are not a repair center for all manufactures they sell so they want to be sure your not sending in Whites, Garretts ect since they are not authorized to repair them they have no parts for them...