Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab wireless headphones are identified.....

borntofli

The 139$ minelab wireless headphones are miccus SR71 stealth...... 60$ on ebay or amazon......same some money and cut the cord.......

Yes, the Minelab ML80 phones are simply a "BT80" headphone, with any number of different "company labels" stamped on them -- Miccus being one. There is a non low-latency version of "BT80" and a low-latency version -- the ML80 and the Miccus SR71 are both "low-latency" versions, as are several other "brands." There are some ("Iselector" is one) that are the non-low-latency version, but any of the ones with the "aptX low-latency" capability (CSR8670 chipset) are identical to the Minelab ML80.

Steve

There are many other Bluetooth headphones with the same specs that can be bought for a lot less than the stock Minelab phones.

I have some aptX low latency ear buds that are not as quick as the minelab. Maybe I got taken or maybe minelab has some "secret sauce" in their version. Direct comparison checks are useful.

My headphones will be here thursday... I will report back.....cant stand that cord for park hunting.. beach hunting no problem, never bend down to scoop.....

Thank you, great post. If I want a spare I know now. Wish they were rainproof! I'm looking for that feature...ipx7 anyway.

Architex said:
I have some aptX low latency ear buds that are not as quick as the minelab. Maybe I got taken or maybe minelab has some "secret sauce" in their version. Direct comparison checks are useful.

Architex -- there is "low latency," and then there is "low latency." What I mean is, it's true that regular aptX, WHEN COMPARED TO REGULAR BLUETOOTH, is definitely a "faster" or "less delay" or "lower latency" codec than regular Bluetooth. So, many folks will advertise "low latency" for a set of aptX headphones, when the truth is actually just that they are ONLY "lower latency" than standard Bluetooth (but not truly "LOW LATENCY"). In this type of situation, "low latency" is only an adjective that the advertiser is using, to mean that aptX is "faster" than regular Bluetooth. And while that's a "true" statement, it's also misleading -- because being "faster than standard Bluetooth" is not the TRUE definition of "Low Latency."

TRUE "Low Latency" is actually a separate aptX codec. Qualcomm is the company that has come up with this stuff, and so when QUALCOMM says "aptX low-latency," they are referring specifically to the aptX Low-Latency codec, not the regular aptX codec. (Remember, the actual aptX low-latency codec will be one that adheres to that 32ms to 40ms of delay standard -- the standard that "defines" actual "Low Latency"). So, when a buyer is buying headphones, it's a case of caveat emptor -- they need to be sure that if the ad says aptX low latency, that the product REALLY DOES include the "aptX Low Latency" codec from Qualcomm (and not just an ad posted by an uninformed -- or even unscrupulous -- advertiser that is confusing the situation).

BOTTOM LINE, the way to know for sure -- at least after you have bought the headphones -- if you are connecting to your Equinox using the actual aptX Low Latency codec, is to look for the "+" sign on the display, next to the Bluetooth icon. If you see the Bluetooth icon ONLY, you are not connected to the headphones with the "Low Latency" codec; if you see the "+" sign, you ARE connected "Low Latency."

Here is a great video that allows you to see/hear AUDIBLY how much "latency" or "delay" each of the different Bluetooth connections actually have, as compared to a "wired" connection being used as the "standard." It splits an audio source, and plays it through two different speakers simultaneously. It tests three different combinations -- first, aptX low-latency Bluetooth speakers playing at the same time as the wired speakers; second, with regular aptX Bluetooth speakers playing at the same time as the wired speakers, and finally with standard Bluetooth (SBC) speakers playing at the same time as the wired ones. This allows you to hear exactly how much "delay" or "latency" exists, by listening to the "echo" between the two sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_bypcPW5O4

Steve

The Miccus SR71 headphones are the same headphones that came with you Nox 800. It has been known for a while which is why the Miccus Phones were sold out everywhere a couple weeks ago. Since I couldn't find the Miccus headphones anywhere I ended up buying a pair made by Trond that have the same specs and work excellent.

Haven''t checked the screen for the + sign yet but I have made the audible test myself. Thanks for the info.

Jimmy,

I have heard that you can use the Garrett system on the 600. BUT -- for $30 or so, you can get Bluetooth aptX low-latency headphones that will connect DIRECTLY to you 600 -- no adapters, no wires, not transmit or receive devices just the machine and the headphones...

Steve

I received the miccus headphones today, they work great.... so much more comfortable than stock... no delay detectable.... Very pleased......