Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelabs Service???

Amen pastor Tom what a way to close this post..

MHirschmann said:
Wow, this thread has REALLY gone in a ridiculous direction. Randy is one of the most honest and helpful guys on this forum and you guys are going to give him a hard time for giving his opinion?!?! Hilarious really.

I guess all of you are right, I must not have received the excellent customer service that I could have sworn that I have received so far by Minelab. They must have always sent me the wrong items back in the mail and I just wasn't smart enough to notice. I also must not have noticed that it took way longer than I thought it took to get my stuff back, due to the fact that I was busy drinking their corporate coolaide in my basement.

Now that you have all opened my eyes to how terrible they really must be, and shown me exactly what an evil person Randy really is, I guess I better go buy another brand of detector asap.

Anyway, I have to go back out to the field now to go harvest some more troll food...

I have reached out to Randy in a PM. I agree with you when it comes to Randy and his dedication to the hobby and this forum. Giving him a hard time is not my intention nor did I address him directly for the start. He chose to respond to my post and did so in a rather personal manner and I responded in kind. But I do respect and admire him because he is not only a man of words but also deeds. I happen to know that he has done much more for people in this forum than they will ever know and he will always have my respect and I will freely admit I regret some of my more pointed remarks toward him in the open forum.

The Shark

mickfin said:
Thanks Minelab 4R getting my water Headphones straight N taking care of me,
And sending me a Wallaby Hat N a First Aid Kit Extra,

And that is how it is done. If you make a mistake as a company, you first admit it. Then you do what it takes to make it right. Well done Minelab, well done indeed.

The Shark

What I learned today........Minelab maintains very precise records as to when a package is received, what repairs were performed and when the package was shipped back. Call records are also kept for incoming, as well as outgoing, calls. With that in mind, I decided to try to "get to the bottom" of some of the posts made in this string, regarding a couple of the "service problems".

As to the matter of a customer being asked to take a photo of the "wrong headphones"...... the person who made the initial post said when they had him take a picture of the headphones "to prove it", it made him feel like he had basically been called a liar. (NOTE: he said it made him feel like he had basically been called a liar). As the sting of posts continued, his feeling that he had "basically been called a liar" evolved into others posting that he had actually been called a liar. The Customer Service Manager at Minelab Americas indicates that, as a function of quality control, they try to get pictures of the products that were received incorrectly. Not that they doubt the customer's word. But to find out if the product was labeled incorrectly or if the error was created in shipping. As to speaking to a customer in a derogatory manner..... I was assured they will not tolerate any of their employees doing so.

Another person claimed he had been without his detector for 17 days and counting. Minelab records indicate that they "received, repaired and shipped back" his detector in 5 days, including the Memorial Day weekend.
He also said he never got a call back from his conversation the day before...... records again indicate that a call was made to him that previous day, and an "update" message left on his voice mail. I was assured that returning customer's phone calls is one of their top priorities.

With these two specific matters "addressed", I've elected to edit or remove the posts that contained false accusations and misleading information. And, I have closed this string of posts from further comment. If you have legitimate service related problems, please contact Minelab or your dealer. If you want to have an honest conversation about the level of service that you've received, feel free to make a new string of posts. But make sure you include all the facts, before making your post. Thanks.

Randy