Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelabs Service???

mickfin

How is Minelabs Service????? Too all you out their???? Thanks,

A little disappointing as of recently for me. Had a small issue with my pinpointer. Called 3 times, waited on hold for half an hour each time before giving up I resorted to leaving a message. They claim that they will call back within 24 hours and I never received a call back. Finally got through today and was taken care of promptly.

Edited by Administrator.....

As to the matter of a customer being asked to take a photo of the "wrong headphones"...... the person who made the initial post said when they had him take a picture of the headphones "to prove it", it made him feel like he had basically been called a liar. (NOTE: he said it made him feel like he had basically been called a liar. As the sting of posts continued, his "basically been called a liar" evolved into others adding to their posts that he had actually been called a liar. The Customer Service Manager at Minelab America indicates that, as a function of quality control, they try to get pictures of the products that were received incorrectly. Not that they doubt the customer's word. But to find out if the product was labeled incorrectly or if the error was created in shipping. As to speaking to a customer in a derogatory manner..... I was assured they will not tolerate any of their employees doing so.

A bit disappointing for me also, I sent off too ML some NEW yellow water Headphones that didn't work and thy sent back some Land headphones
so now thy want me too send a Pic of the Land ones Cozz thy don't beleave me that thy made a mistake what is wrong with these people???
If Whites had a good water Discriminating / DEEP Silver for Parks / Beach for in the wet salt and black sand id have a Whites,
Let me know how you all think???? Thanks Mickfin

They did just fine with me.

The Koss headset had a short at the plug after only two months. I called left message. A couple days later received a call back. Explained my problem and sent back the headset. A week later I had a new headset.
Nothng to complain about with my problem.

I have been using Minelab detectors for over 10 years, with a total of Minelab detectors. I have NEVER had any problem with their service. Some issues were warrantied some not. One issue, after leaving a message they didn't call back that the same day, but did the next day. That certainly wasn't the end of the world for me. Other than that, their service etc. has been very good.

I like CR Hunter have owned and used several different Minelab machines. The few times my machines had problems Minelab service was excellent. HH :minelab:

I have had nothing but good service through them throughout all the machines I have owned. I wonder what is going on over there.

I had headphone problems. It took close to a week to get someone to call me back. No apology, just excuses. That alone chapped my hide! Whether it is a cheepo detector or a 2500.00 customer service is equally as important.

I have used a lot of Minelabs over the years. And really never had to send a detector in for service. The only problem was with there coils one on a GPX 4500 and one on the GPX 5000. They replaced both coils no problem. I have called and not gotten to speak to anyone but they call back the next day. I do miss Kevin who left the company to help run the GPAA. But great detectors and great people.

I have never had anything but excellent service from Minelab. I have been using their machines for about 8 years now and have owned multiples of every machine made in that time. I have had to send in several machines throughout that time and have only ever received excellent service. I sent in my SE Pro about 5 years ago, an E-Trac about 3 years ago and a CTX 3030 a couple of times. Each and every time, Minelab took great care of me.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems Mickfin, and others who have posted about problems, but I assure you this is not representative of the norm at Minelab. I have nothing to gain by saying this but I truly have to defend Minelab after everything that they have always done to make things right for me.

I hope things get figured out and I am sure Mnelab will do whatever they can to make this right.

Keep us posted what happens. HH -Marc

As far as i'm concerned, they can keep their bad customer service and headphones and move on. I have gotten rid of my CTX and went elsewhere. I knew better than to purchase a Minelab unit after my Excal episode. But wanted to give them a second chance. Costly mistake on my part. Live and learn. But i'm glad to hear so many of you get great service from Minelab, I just didn't it seems like.

Had an issue with a pro pointer. Sent it in and they exchanged under warranty in about a week. My experience was excellent. Well done Minelab and thanks!

That's sad to hear Boxtopp because the absolute best service i've ever received was from Tesoro. That's who i've gone back to. Different strokes for different folks.

If my first experience with Minelab tech support is any indication of their overall customer service, I give them high praise!

I called this morning and spoke with a tech support rep - she didn't have a 3030 nearby to use for a reference and told me another tech would be in shortly, and could she have my number so he could return my call and answer my question later.

I did, she did and he did...only I was out running errands and didn't have my machine with me. I explained my problems (posted earlier today) and got straight answers right then and there. He also gave me his direct number for a follow up, or if I had other questions later.

I consider that to be great customer support! Now if I can just find some gold or silver! :)

Part of me says to all the folks that will "Never buy another Minelab", and "I will never have another", well that just means more good stuff for me to find with my CTX and E-Trac. But, the real answer is that once a product is sold, then the company should make a strong effort to provide good service. I bought an E=Trac online and it arrived in great condition, brand new, but the screen backlight when pushed would only come on for a second and when held would kill power to the machine. Called and returned it and had a new one in about 10 days. When I got he CTX the audio out of the speaker was very weak. Tried every setting, and all the suggestions from Minelab, then the local dealer returned it. The big coil on the machine got to acting up after about a month. Swapped it out with my buddies and his coil worked fine and mine on his machine cratered. So again took it back to my local dealer who sent it back for me.

Its a great machine, probably not actually worth the price, but nevertheless it is a great machine. They just need to 'adjust' their mentality regarding service!

I had an issue with my koss phones. Took them in to the Canadian centre and after a week they were replaced. I have a profound that has about an inch of range so they will get me a new one. I bought a Garrett just in case and love it.

Now my standard coil is shorted out "coil not connected". I emailed the Canadian repair centre and was told to call mine USA for a return # which I did. I emailed them back and got the same email back. I emailed again and told them I had the RTA #. they want a proof of purchase when I bring it in.

I'll keep you up to speed but I am pretty sure this will be ok. And there is NO chance I'm leaving it there. My other 2 coils work perfectly.

I've had good experiences with Minelab here thus far