Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ML-2900 Battery Users... has your signal strength improved with this new battery?

I've noticed a few reviews mention that signal strength on deeper coins has improved since using the ML-2900.

Have any of you found this to be true?

Thanks for your time.

That would be interesting to know.

My understanding is that the Minelab has a voltage gate. The voltage remains constant during operation. I do not think that I loose depth at the end of the battery life. I was also told that the circuit reacts faster with higher voltage. Hope someone will post the facts who knows this stuff.
Ohio Bud

I've been hunting with my Etrac for several years using the factory battery, and 2 weeks ago I dropped in a new ML-2900. I can indeed tell a difference on target response strength, especially on deeper coins. I posted this fact in another thread and instantly got flamed by robertj298 as MISINFORMATION!

Ohio bud said:
My understanding is that the Minelab has a voltage gate. The voltage remains constant during operation. I do not think that I loose depth at the end of the battery life. I was also told that the circuit reacts faster with higher voltage. Hope someone will post the facts who knows this stuff.
Ohio Bud
Directly from an engineer at minelab ." No battery, aftermarket or otherwise will enhance the performance of the e-trac. The voltage is cut off at 9.6 volts and the performance remains constant until the machine shuts off because the batteries charge is too low."

All I know is that battery kicks major ass. I would say wihout a doubt that battery system is the best money that I have spent on this hobby. As far as better signals go, I would say that I believe so, As far as making my E trac a more capable machine (absolutely without a doubt). This is all based on my own personal experience with my E trac with stock battery pack,8 cell AA pack and the new battery back. And there is no comparison.
Thank you. Happy Hunting.

I sure hope this battery is as good as everyone says. Just got mine in the mail. Seems like I have been running through the AA's.

No doubt that the ml-2900 are great batteries.....but that is on the "powering" end. There is a definite difference between that and the transmitting/receiving end. Its just two different animals...so to speak.

You could hook a car battery to your etrac and not get any more power.....on the depth signal. Change the technology of the unit itself and then its a different story....
then we will all be carrying around backpacks with huge batteries in them.:lol:

I had a friend get one. We air tested it on a quarter. Got 1 to 1 1/2" better distance with the minelab battery. Just my observation.

pro778 said:
I had a friend get one. We air tested it on a quarter. Got 1 to 1 1/2" better distance with the minelab battery. Just my observation.
Try that after 6 hours of hunting! ........nge

Etrac like most other detectors has a voltage regulator. Any perceived depth increase is wishful thinking.

Mike Gresham said:
I've been hunting with my Etrac for several years using the factory battery, and 2 weeks ago I dropped in a new ML-2900. I can indeed tell a difference on target response strength, especially on deeper coins. I posted this fact in another thread and instantly got flamed by robertj298 as MISINFORMATION!

Lol

The ML-2900 was designed to fit all the Minelab FBS Machines

The ML-2900 was designed to last for 30 hours + of hunting and it does that!

The ML-2900 was designed to charge in less than 2 hours and let you know with an LED green light and it does that!

The ML-2900 was designed to weigh less than the OEM Batt Pack and it is by 5 ounces!

The ML-2900 was designed to retain 97% of its charge in a 12 month period and it does that! ( We could go on and on )

I have received several emails and calls telling me the ML-2900 goes deeper and performs better than the stock OEM Batt Pack. ( I'm not going to call them a Liar )

We are very proud and excited about our New ML-2900 Batt Pack & Smart Charger!

We are proud of Sponsor of this Forum and thank all the Growing Dealers that are selling our Products!

RNB Innovations

RNB said:
I have received several emails and calls telling me the ML-2900 goes deeper and performs better than the stock OEM Batt Pack. ( I'm not going to call them a Liar )

RNB Innovations

No doubt you have a nice product there(lighter, longer, faster charging etc)......but do you have any information, tests or otherwise that the ML-2900 will make an Etrac detect deeper targets?

I personally think that is just ethically wrong for RNB to elude to an increased depth from there battery by just referring to comments of others. If it is a fact then RNB should show it as such and not count on the good intentions of this forum to talk up a product and then say something as superficial as " well I'm not going to call them liars" exactly who is calling who what? know what I'm saying?

Im sure it is a good battery but that is just poor ethical business salesmanship. There is a gate, a car battery or electrical wire off the house will not give you more power to get deeper.
RNB, if it does increase other than life of charge then please demonstraight. I would like to be wrong. Please show me how I am.

Our Batt Packs speak for themselves!

Happy Hunting guys