Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ML-2900 Battery Users... has your signal strength improved with this new battery?

Questions asked.........and answered.

And the RNB battery is all that and more. I haven't run my stock battery for more than 10-15 minutes ...it's been RNB all the way.

LittleJohn

I have been running my Etrac for several years alternating 3 factory batteries. I know my machine intimately.

I DON'T CARE WHAT ROBERTJ298 SAYS.

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANY MINELAB ENGINEER SAYS.

MY ETRAC HITS DEEPER TARGETS HARDER WITH THE ML-2900 BATTERY.

END OF STORY.

Mike Gresham said:
I have been running my Etrac for several years alternating 3 factory batteries. I know my machine intimately.

END OF STORY.
And it also sucks the coins right out of the ground. You don't even have to dig them lol

If I may say so...Its good that we can discuss our opinions freely and have different points of view. I think its healthy to have friendly" disagreements". I think its also important to find out what is true and whats is ....not so accurate.

If the ML-2900 "gives" you more depth great and good for you! I personally would like to find out why from a technical point of view.

Regardless, of what is said by whomever, I think if Minelab made that statement(which makes sense to me)it can be obtained in writing. I suppose anything is possible, but I would think that IF getting more depth(we are not talking about other aspects) ... was possible from the ML-2900 batteries(a good product in general)....the manufacturer would have produced or supplied us with some data to substantiate their claims. As of now, its all just opinion.

Mike Gresham said:

END OF STORY.

Lol (again)

The battery should sell by all the merits it has without having to elude to hearsay performance gains which are not true.

How can you prove that it isn't true? Based on hearsay from a supposed minelab engineer? You can't, and thus your opinion is hearsay.

One thing that I can tell you is this battery delivers on performance. It goes 30-35 hours between charges...that is fact, no opinion there. I do know that if an electronic device has optimum voltage and amperage, it will function at it's highest capacity. Voltage isn't everything, operating amperage is...this point is not being considered by the naysayers and that is ok, I wouldn't expect it. There are gates which control amperage as well, but consider the fact that this battery maintains optimum operating amperage as well as voltage allowing the machine to operate at peak efficiency, versus the stock battery which loses its optimum performance within hours of turning it on.

So in essence, yes this battery does provide improved performance. Does it go deeper than stock battery? Based on the above explanation, I would have to say that it goes as deep, and for a much longer, much less of a bell curve of performance than the stock battery does. Solid, reliable consistent voltage and amperage provides many hours of trouble free performance. At the price...everyone should own one of these batteries. Why spend $1500 on a machine and not use the best battery available?

LittleJohn

I liked my first ML-2900 that I bought a second one for my Ex Xs II. Don't know about going deeper, but sure beats the H E double hockey sticks out of buying AA batteries, or having factory rechargeable pack start running down after couple hours use......nge

LittleJohn said:
The battery should sell by all the merits it has without having to elude to hearsay performance gains which are not true.

How can you prove that it isn't true? Based on hearsay from a supposed minelab engineer? You can't, and thus your opinion is hearsay.

One thing that I can tell you is this battery delivers on performance. It goes 30-35 hours between charges...that is fact, no opinion there. I do know that if an electronic device has optimum voltage and amperage, it will function at it's highest capacity. Voltage isn't everything, operating amperage is...this point is not being considered by the naysayers and that is ok, I wouldn't expect it. There are gates which control amperage as well, but consider the fact that this battery maintains optimum operating amperage as well as voltage allowing the machine to operate at peak efficiency, versus the stock battery which loses its optimum performance within hours of turning it on.

So in essence, yes this battery does provide improved performance. Does it go deeper than stock battery? Based on the above explanation, I would have to say that it goes as deep, and for a much longer, much less of a bell curve of performance than the stock battery does. Solid, reliable consistent voltage and amperage provides many hours of trouble free performance. At the price...everyone should own one of these batteries. Why spend $1500 on a machine and not use the best battery available?

LittleJohn
I could post the email from minelab if you'd like so it wouldn't be hearsay. No one is saying the battery doesn't last longer, charge faster and is lighter weight.You say the battery goes as deep as the stock battery, not deeper ,for a longer time ,well my stock battery picks up the same deep coins in my test garden at the end of its charge cycle just as well as when its fully charged. Your posts sounds more like a sales pitch to me "everyone should own one". To me that depends on ones priorities and financial situation. If I had to choose between the ml-2900 battery and my sef 6X8 coil I would choose the coil, but thats just me.

You can look on our site and we tell the absolute truth about our Batt Packs!

If someone says they believe our Batt Pack makes their Minelab Machine go deeper that is the opinion of that person!

If someone uses the SEF Coil and they say it goes deeper than the stock coil or "it sucks the coins right out of the ground. You don't even have to dig them"...The opinion still belongs to that person!

When your Minelab OEM Batt Pack quits working you can Buy another one for about $100.00 or you can buy a ML-2900 with the Charger for $30 bucks more and that to is your choice not a sale pitch!

It all comes down to if you are happy with what you are using... I say... God Bless You!

If you don't like what people are saying? It's real simple.......Ignore them.....They are not trying to hurt you!......So why try to hurt them?......It is an Opinion not a threat!.......and it's not hearsay if you believe it !

I say Good Luck & Happy Hunting to everyone no matter what Battery they are using!

LittleJohn said:

LittleJohn

Wrong. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. Mike is stating as FACT his detector hits deeper targets harder at depth with the new battery. Its up to him to prove it.
Lu

To me that depends on ones priorities and financial situation.

sir if you own an etrac, your financial situation isn't such that you are unable to spend $129 is it? Not sure what a person's financial situation has to do with the topic of the performance of this battery...all I know is I sure enjoy mine, and will continue to support this forum sponsor in the future! Happy Hunting

LittleJohn

LittleJohn said:
To me that depends on ones priorities and financial situation.

sir if you own an etrac, your financial situation isn't such that you are unable to spend $129 is it? Not sure what a person's financial situation has to do with the topic of the performance of this battery...all I know is I sure enjoy mine, and will continue to support this forum sponsor in the future! Happy Hunting

LittleJohn
Sir my financial situation is . such that I could afford the battery but refuse to spend$129 on a battery when I am perfectly happy with my stock battery that is only a few months old

Maybe if someone has the actual statement from Minelab(exactly who made the factual statement) ....that might solve one aspect of this question at hand. I would think Minelab would know for sure the
answer to this question as it is THEIR product. If Minelab stated it is not possible to get anymore depth....then its up to RNB to prove otherwise. Again, no data or information has been provided to
substantiate some peoples claims their battery helps Etrac go deeper.

It is possible that Minelab has made an error on the battery/depth question....If they have....I would have Minelab AND RNB
communicate will each other and find out EXACTLY what the actual fact of the matter is.

Sir my financial situation is . such that I could afford the battery but refuse to spend$129 on a battery when I am perfectly happy with my stock battery that is only a few months old

That explains it all.

But You don't have to be a hater...you're ok with me, because you have an etrac...even if ya cant hunt with it for more than a day or two before ya gotta charge it up overnight...I hold no hard feelings towards ya'all for that....Have a good day...and don't take someone disagreeing with you quite so strongly...no ill will intended.

LittleJohn