Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mode/patterns for relic open field recommendations

lomoch

Hello,
Somewhat new to the ET. Been using Andy's coin pattern for all my coin hunts. Also have a mode setup for TTF with a very limited discrim pattern. I was currious as to what you guys recommend for open pasture/field hunts with regards to patterns and audio settings. I'd like to setup a mode in either multi or less, but conductive, with a pattern that would offer good relic acceptance, including coins, and give some suppresion to falsing. I was thinking such a pattern might be a modified version of Andy's coin pattern, where the upper left corner discrim would help for falsing, and maybe knock out FE 25 or so down for weeding out junk.
Another question: My use of TTF, I've gathered, is probably best for extremely trashy sites where speed is a great asset to utilize. But open field I would suspect conductive better? If in reading Andy's book I've learned correctly, FE will be dragged down with depth on some items. With this in mind, wouldn't running TTF add risk, as I understand this to iron on FE 17 down. What if a coin is hit at enough depth that the software id's the FE at 20 or so, instead of the normal 12. Would TTF iron this out?

Appreciate thoughts. IIf patterns are recommended, could the numbers be mentioned, as I cannot upload as we use Macs.
Randy Kight

Try the pre-set relic mode and modify if needed. In TTF the coin would still come in at a high tone regardless of FE #s. That has been my experience but I am by no means an expert in the operation of a machine that is alot like a woman. Once you turn them on anything can and probably will happen. HH :minelab: