Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Model T parts trifecta x2 and 1918 Merc!

gunwolf

hit a old corner lot where 2 well traveled roads meet. detected low and slow digging every signal no matter what the numbers. I dug alot of "other" trash that is not in the pic... I emptied out my pouch twice in an hour. my first Model T valve stem covers of the year... one is flat the other is intact. plenty of valve stem nuts again today, and the 2 hub caps are pretty shot...but you can make out the shape and "Ford" "made in USA". also managed a Merc from the same era...a 1918... the wheats are so toasted I couldn't date them... I got more excited finding the old car parts than I was when the dime popped out!
HRjcmVa.jpg

8ApF00l.jpg

Nice finds. I like the valve stem covers. Found a couple myself. Congrats

nice hunt man. (y) I've found those valve stem nuts before and had no idea what they were...... cool!!

F5

Good recoveries!!! Patience is a virtue!!!’n

Nice Merc with only a small amount of wear. It fits right in with the Model T timeline. The site must have been some kind of stop off point back in the day. Nice hunting!

Well CRAP!!!!! Just realized what I thought was a metal screwdriver handle was actually a Model T valve stem cover! Tried to identify it for probably two years and turned it in about two weeks ago as recycle scrap. Soon as I saw your picture I knew then what it was, nearly perfect condition too 🤬

Spider I'm with you. Found a few over the years and threw them away. Isn't education great?
Indeed it is. ;) speaking of...... I learnt what the valve stem covers were years ago from the forums as well as watching Nugget head on the u-tube. lol the first time I found one, I was like "I know what that is" LoL My brother thought it was a screwdriver handle when i quizzed him on it. :D

the stuff we recover can date that area for sure... the Model T was in production from 1908 to 1927... I do find it strange how many wheel parts I have dug over the years... then I think about how crappy the dirt roads must have been! I have never found a valve stem...just the nuts and covers:unsure:

nice 1918 dime , dang good spot your in

Dug several before I understood what they are. Nice early Merc!