Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave/Compadre

Neil

Has anyone tested these two on the same small gold yet? Wondering if they are about the same or can the Mojave hit the smaller gold a little farther away from the coil?
I would guess either the smaller 5.75 or 8" coils on the compadre would be a fair comparison.

Not the Compadre but I tested against the Amigo II which was the predecessor to the Compadre.
The Amigo II and Mojave both hit a 2.5 grain,(not gram) gold nugget at about 2 1/2".
The Mojave clearly was deeper on a dime though by roughly 2 inches if I remember correctly.
The Amigo II had its stock 7" hard wired coil and the Mojave its stock 7 inch coil.

Bryan

I wish tesoros had some sort of disc system where when you get a signal you don't always have to thumb the disc up to see where it goes out... Since the tesoros hit really good on gold jewelry I wish I could some how have a backwards disc that would disc out silver and down so I could hear all signals say from nickel down. Instead of the other way....Is that possible....It must be ?

yep totally agree that's a great feature reverse disc so I can have a window where I want it , I would buy one without asking a question add that disc knob to the Mojave I am in Tesoro heaven :clapping: and I mean full reverse disc.

good job lets hope they read this.

AJ

sure they can do it just reverse the normal disc circuit :biggrin:

now they would have something different and that more people may want than expected I know it would suit my Tesoro detecting to a tee :biggrin:

we can only hope!! fingers crossed.

AJ

JJdigs said:
I wish tesoros had some sort of disc system where when you get a signal you don't always have to thumb the disc up to see where it goes out... Since the tesoros hit really good on gold jewelry I wish I could some how have a backwards disc that would disc out silver and down so I could hear all signals say from nickel down. Instead of the other way....Is that possible....It must be ?
The only Tesoro I know that does that is my Royal Sabre and it's called the notch ACCEPT. The notch knob is rotated and only a relatively small window of targets are accepted. I once found a silver dollar in an area infested with screwcaps. Conversely, rotating the knob to the far left could adjust it to find a small window of low conductive targets like nickels/foil. I had a!most forgotten about this feature. All targets outside this window are rejected!

JJdigs said:

If Im reading this right, what your looking for I mean...the tejon can do that.
Disc #1 you set at small iron
Disc#2 you set all the way up
When you check a target with disc #2 if it still comes in you know its a coin so dont dig it. Your isolating up the gold range that way. You still gotta push the toggle but its adjustable.....set disc #2 wherever and if the target still comes in just move on. Worked for me when I beach hunted a tejon years ago.

yes its true on the T but have to hear stuff I don't want to hear and pull the trigger plus its not a micro housing but yeah getting close gold is the new silver and so for us dirt digging gold hunters there is nothing light weight for the pulltab hard yards :sadwalk:

we live in hope,

AJ

Even an inexpensive machine like my Ace 250 let's one selectively notch out high conductive targets and only hear nickel/below signals. And by keeping an eye on the screen, coins will flash an icon on their screen ID without the sound. I just can't fathom anyone hunting this way.

amberjack said:
yes its true on the T but have to hear stuff I don't want to hear and pull the trigger plus its not a micro housing but yeah getting close gold is the new silver and so for us dirt digging gold hunters there is nothing light weight for the pulltab hard yards :sadwalk:

we live in hope,

AJ

Shadow x2 if your stuck on a micro housing?
I hunt for the same stuff but mainly beaches...my shadow is awesome and has a coin check but lazy me would prefer a few tones...

I've done this manually- although I added a dpst switch preset to where tabs break up-like the coin check on the shadow. Simply mark a spot on the disc markings where tabs audibly just break up. Hunt at foil and when you get a signal just rotate the disc knob to this marked point. Now you'll immediately know three things:
(1). If the target now goes silent-nickel range.
(2). If it breaks up- tab range, and
(3). If it still gives a good signal-coins.
Just one move forward and one back .

JJdigs said:
I wish tesoros had some sort of disc system where when you get a signal you don't always have to thumb the disc up to see where it goes out..
I have never enjoyed using the "roll-the-Disc. knob" or "thumb-the-Disc." methods as it is time consuming, and if sweeping while rotating the knob you can have some errant behavior from the detector. Sometimes go past a rejection point after hearing a signal and advancing farther than necessary. Besides, too much Discrimination means a loss of desired targets as well as trash, especially lower conductive gold jewelry.

JJdigs said:
Since the tesoros hit really good on gold jewelry I wish I could some how have a backwards disc that would disc out silver and down so I could hear all signals say from nickel down. Instead of the other way....Is that possible....It must be ?
So, what I get here is you want to be able to hear the lower-conductive targets, let's say from a 5¢ coin and below to mainly concentrate on potential gold jewelry? I used to do that in a few areas around swimming pools and sunbathing areas.

I use a Roya Sabre, then a Golden Sabre Plus, then the Pantera [size=small](or Golden Sabre II, the same circuitry)[/size]. I enjoyed the Pantera the most and it was a favorite since it had manual Ground Balance.

It has a Notch Accept and Notch Reject option, but I didn't use either. Instead, I increased the Notch Disc. control to the point where the US 5¢ coin and my men's 14 K gold ring were just accepted with a Low-Tone, below the 'Notch' setting. Leave the Accept / Off / Reject toggle in the center Off position so that I wasn't 'notching' anything out, I was simply setting a Low-Tone / High-Tone break-point. That way my higher-conductive targets were 'audibly notched' to respond with a High-Tone, and if I was mainly after a 5¢ coin or gold jewelry, most falling in the lower accepted range, I only recovered the Low-Tone targets and ignored the High-Tone signals.

Monte

I agree I am not a twiddler takes more time than its worth I could have the target out by then..

but yes want a light weight detector that can just hunt gold say just below zinc or on zinc and down, sure I have detectors I can do that with but they are heavy and Tesoro's Micro detectors with the 6" 7 " concentrics or the CSC are jewellery made detectors light easy to swing dead on pinpointing and they hit gold.

so yes that second reverse disc would be great :biggrin:

AJ

Monte said:
JJdigs said:
I wish tesoros had some sort of disc system where when you get a signal you don't always have to thumb the disc up to see where it goes out..
I have never enjoyed using the "roll-the-Disc. knob" or "thumb-the-Disc." methods as it is time consuming, and if sweeping while rotating the knob you can have some errant behavior from the detector. Sometimes go past a rejection point after hearing a signal and advancing farther than necessary. Besides, too much Discrimination means a loss of desired targets as well as trash, especially lower conductive gold jewelry.

JJdigs said:
Since the tesoros hit really good on gold jewelry I wish I could some how have a backwards disc that would disc out silver and down so I could hear all signals say from nickel down. Instead of the other way....Is that possible....It must be ?
So, what I get here is you want to be able to hear the lower-conductive targets, let's say from a 5¢ coin and below to mainly concentrate on potential gold jewelry? I used to do that in a few areas around swimming pools and sunbathing areas.

I use a Roya Sabre, then a Golden Sabre Plus, then the Pantera [size=small](or Golden Sabre II, the same circuitry)[/size]. I enjoyed the Pantera the most and it was a favorite since it had manual Ground Balance.

It has a Notch Accept and Notch Reject option, but I didn't use either. Instead, I increased the Notch Disc. control to the point where the US 5¢ coin and my men's 14 K gold ring were just accepted with a Low-Tone, below the 'Notch' setting. Leave the Accept / Off / Reject toggle in the center Off position so that I wasn't 'notching' anything out, I was simply setting a Low-Tone / High-Tone break-point. That way my higher-conductive targets were 'audibly notched' to respond with a High-Tone, and if I was mainly after a 5¢ coin or gold jewelry, most falling in the lower accepted range, I only recovered the Low-Tone targets and ignored the High-Tone signals.

Monte
Which is why I wish the Mojave had an adjustable two tone splitter. It's so nice on my Royal Sabre.:poke:

Monte said:
JJdigs said:

JJdigs said:

Monte

I was simply setting a Low-Tone / High-Tone break-point. That way my higher-conductive targets were 'audibly notched' to respond with a High-Tone, and if I was mainly after a 5¢ coin or gold jewelry, most falling in the lower accepted range, I only recovered the Low-Tone targets and ignored the High-Tone signals.

That is exactly what iam talking about and would like on a new "anolog" detector...Or second best would be a reverse disc knob where high conductors are disc out first...My main hunting sites are colonial cellar holes....Where I would never use that method...However our parks are very old here in new hamoshire. And clad and the random silver coin is good ...However I rather explore the lower conductive signals " possible gold" with out having to thumb a disc knob or use a digital detector....I have nothing against digital detectors at all, there are many that I like . But I have found that I like the anolog machines for gold jewelry and lower conductive metals more than digital machines. So ideally Monte a tone break on an anolog machine would be ideal, best case scenario... Second best would be thumbing a reverse discriminating knob.

amberjack said:
I agree I am not a twiddler takes more time than its worth I could have the target out by then..

but yes want a light weight detector that can just hunt gold say just below zinc or on zinc and down, sure I have detectors I can do that with but they are heavy and Tesoro's Micro detectors with the 6" 7 " concentrics or the CSC are jewellery made detectors light easy to swing dead on pinpointing and they hit gold.

AJ
I see in your signature you got a Mojave?
I must have missed you saying that lol.
And what's reverse disc?
I know the tejon has dual disc so you can set one below and one above desired target so you know if it's in the middle, but I've never heard reverse disc....

Stoof-tabsallday said:
amberjack said:

AJ
I see in your signature you got a Mojave?
I must have missed you saying that lol.
And what's reverse disc?
I know the tejon has dual disc so you can set one below and one above desired target so you know if it's in the middle, but I've never heard reverse disc....

couldn't help myself I want to look inside see if its not a compadre board and is a new updated one I see Keith did a nailboard test and it passed like the comp does on that nail coin down the barrel but that's not why I bought it I want to see if its a gold hunter with that new 7" and its a good excuse to go detecting....

reverse disc would for me be like notching out from silver down to zinc and only hearing the low /mid conductors some of our modern parks have 1 & 2 cent coins from after silver coins finished and they are a real pain in the butt for me digging everything I would rather leave them there for someone else and they come in that zinc to silver range, but not all gold hunting spots have them so :bouncy: but the spots that do have a better chance of gold as they are older, anyway no big deal I can use other detectors to knock them out and hunt gold but it would be nice to have on the light Tesoro :biggrin:

hope that makes sense :lmfao:

AJ