Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Money purse find with AT pro..

EOS

I have permission to hunt in a park near a mansion with history that goes back over 800 years.
Many good finds have been made and I asked the land owner if my friend could join since its always nice to have a search friend.

Well we headed out to the search ground,and for this day I choosed the E-Trac and my buddy had his AT Pro.

We started hunting near the water,its a lake surrounding the mansion,it used to be an island.

After just a few minutes I heard my friend screaming,hey Mike come over here,gotta see this..

I run down the slope and found my friend with a big smile and head lamp attached since it was getting dark.
In his hand he had a money purse.It was still not opened,but you could see there was coins inside,prints visible.

You can imagine the situation,shaky hands and fast pumping heart beat...haha..we opened the purse carefully and there was a bunch of coins,some bronze,some silver.
The leather purse was intact and in really good condition,thick and fleixble.
We counted the bronze coins to be six and the rest was silver of the number of five. Horay...how often do you find a money purse?
The coins was from late 1800th.

Well,shaken by the find we countinued the search.My friend had this night a find spree for sure,coins,buttons,musket balls,horseshoes and other artefacts and top of that he had his oldest coin to be found.A 1 ore sm 1757,and that is not a
small coin.

I was a bit jealous since my E-trac had only found me two musket balls..haha,what did I do wrong?

The AT pro improved and we had a deep target,where the E-trac struggled to find,even though I run it totally open and at full sens ,but the AT had good two way signal??...I scratched my head,and we recovered a small musket ball,deep in the pit.
I was really impressed by the AT pro.Its for sure faster then E-trac,lighter,waterproof .Only thing missing on the AT is backlit display.Otherwise...wow what a machine,and to that price? I will go for that machine as well,if not for the water hunt I will do...next year,rather cold now.

Mike

I would to,since it was friend who found it :)
I will pick up a AT Pro international next week when I go to England for a rally.

Mike

That's got to be a real thrill . Great photos and looks like a fun site to hunt. Good luck at your upcoming event!

WOW!! A Money purse! Now that is the kind of find we all dream of!! Big congrats to your friend! Beale.

Congrats for your friend!! and you have a good lesson / election. AT it's a great machine.
senda

Nice pics too.You should send in some nice high resolution pics with a story to Garrett.......you never know. :)

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_submit_a_story.aspx

Thanks!

Yes I might do that.
I will pick up my brand new AT Pro international in UK and use it on the fields.It have become really a popular detector in Scandinavia and Europe,and I know guys and girls that dont wanna go back to the E-trac and Deus,or whites,since this AT is so good.

I have just tried it out and was once again stunned by the depth of this detector.I used my friends AT in the garden and had a bottle cap at depth that I couldnt believe.At 10" and still a good signal ?? Wow!!

Exited,exited,cant wait to get it...

Mike

Man, thats an exciting find. Congrats to you guys for the finds and a memorable hunt!
The ATP offers much for the price point for new and experienced detectorists.

What a wonderful post ! A guy just never knows what the day will bring. Such a great hobby. :detecting:

Thanks guys!

I have been with AT pro international for 5 days now.
And the finds are stunning!!
Celtic,Roman,Anglo-Saxon coins and artifacts in a good mix.

Run the machine on Pro/custom/Zero,sensitivity as high as possible and WOW!!! I dig so much deep conductive stuff.

Have been searching like ten hours per day ,and cant stop...HELP!! I need HELP!!...Im a md-holic :)

Mike

Ha! Yes, we all have that problem! If we aint hunting, we are thinking about it!:clapping:
Mud