Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Deus II finds

jayhop

I went for a hunt yesterday after work for about an hour and a half. I couldn't believe my luck. Myself and 2 friends hunted this same spot a year ago. We hit this small section of the field really hard for a couple of hours. And I hunted this same spot Monday for about 30 minutes or so. Prior to yesterday very little had come from this spot. I think it has been hunted really hard in the past. I didn't find a lot but I was very pleased with what I found in a short hunt.
A silver cufflink, 1906 Barber dime and a cut 1 reale.
For those interested I was using
Deep HC
Discrimination 6.8
Sensitivity 98
Iron volume 1
Reactivity 1
Ground stability 1
Silencer 0
Tones Pitch about 503 HZ
The cut reale was approximately 9 inches deep.
Not sure about the dime, it came out in the first shovel of dirt.
20220222_193353.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice finds!!

Got to love that.
Were you using the 9" or 11" coil?
I did leave that out, the 11. I have the 9 coming as soon as they come in.
I really liking this detector.

That’s impressive Jay, IMPRESSIVE! To apparently find them fairly easily is really going to help a lot of people, I would think. Which tone profile were you using? I think I’m going to use Pitch when the time comes, it seems like it REALLY gets your attention and just sounds “faster”, whether it is or not. Just getting the initial signal is SO key…

I was using Pitch. I can tell iron better in Pitch than I can 5 tones.
But it doesn't work the way I thought it would. The tones are different for the same VDI depending on the depth of the target. It seems that way for me any how.
I went back to the same place today and only found 2 tombac buttons and a lot of buckshot, moder bullets and thats about it. I wouldn't have dug the buttons but I wasn't hitting any high VDI targets so I started digging low VDIs that sounded really good. They came in below a nickel signal.

Nice Jay I will have my Deus today I hope USPS when mine shipped from Florida goes by CT to Mass then back to CT!
Mark

I like the way deep high con. runs as well. It hits the low conductive targets just fine. I am not having the same results as you are though hunting behind the Eq. . What machine did you use on this site before? Congrats on some killer finds by the way!
HH Jeff

Thank you.
I do like that program, the only problem is that it seems to drain the coil battery kind of quickly.
I hunted it with the 800 and my friends had the AT Pros.
The field must have gotten a deep plowing but I'm hunting in cotton stubble, normally there isn't a lot of soil preparation when planting cotton. But we really hit this exact spot really hard because we found a few peices of old shoe buckle and some flat buttons.