Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More Equinox Info :thumbup:

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
[size=large]Distributors know how many detectors they are getting on the first shipment and will no doubt be going out next week. Dealers are asked if they want anything else since they are shipping, that way when the detectors arrive, the paperwork is done and right back out the door. I have to applaud :clapping:my distributor, these folks know we are very anxious to get this detector into our hands. So weekend work it is for them..Richard..[/size]

Thanks again for the REAL information, Richard. It is appreciated by everyone that isn't a troll, shill, or whiner.

beegees said:
Thanks again for the REAL information, Richard. It is appreciated by everyone that isn't a troll, shill, or whiner.

Hey Champ. Whiner here. Bonafied. I bring the rain. Also, Official canceler of order as of 02/02. It's done.

I also thank people such as Richard for their real info. Not info like your schnozzle report on airfreight economics 101, Champ.

Although, is Richard's information real for many people? Probably not.

Since no one, no preorder customers, received an EQ in late January or had a confirmed shipping notice as per the Dec. 21 notice, my requirements for cancellation were met. But then I heard the zero power adapter included news. Forget that! I felt like I had ordered the Kmart brand of detectors at that point. (no offense Kmart) I don't want this thing anymore. I'm not playing warranty games with a secretive company when they tell us to use another brand charger but won't cover what happens if we do. Can't attain any accessories from them, so...I'm out.

Cancellation was proudly made with a call and an email. For giggles, I dug for more information on how many preorders and what they had coming that they knew of etc before I mentioned cancelling. They wouldn't tell me diddly. Wouldn't say where I was in the order. Not how many preorders they took. I asked if they were a "distributor" and they claimed no. Wouldn't say if they knew how many they were getting. Couldn't tell me if I was going to miss the first shipment and would have to wait till later. Nothing. I was kind in questioning and expected something. Just said they knew nothing more then ML posted in the update yesterday that everyone knows about. I pried further but asked nicely, why so secretive? Do you want to sell these or not? Why do some customers know more from the same dealers or others. You, certainly this dealer. He says, "what more do they know?" You tell me I suggested. "I've said all I can say." So hey, canceling done with a smile then. I don't appreciate the secrets. I would bet there are better dealers out there, but they are all probably dealing with a secretive manufacturer in their own way.

Cya, Champ old buddy old pal.

I truly hope you all enjoy your EQ with little fanfare when it finally shows. One more unit became available yesterday and it could end up being yours! If you think I did nothing else for you, at least my preorder purchase hopefully got one more to these shores early.

Please do not let the door hit ya on the way out!! I don't think I've read one positive or constructive post you've made in the whole 3 weeks you've been here. Thank you for leaving!!

So, Richard, a couple of questions, and I am NOT a whiner or toll. Anyway, assume Chicago Minelab got the shipment on Friday. Assume they ship out to all distributors next week, probably around Tuesday thru Friday, and there are maybe 5 national distributor. Assume again that each distributor will get an equal number of units, maybe on a dealer ratio. Distributor has 40 dealers and he gets "??" number of units. ,Maybe 3 per dealer??? Is that a reasonable idea? Or will the 'big' dealers get shipped more detectors based on their sales volume? Or does the distributor 'know' how many each dealer has that are prepaid and ships accordingly?

Just some idle questions and not intended to get into any whizzing contest.

Thanks

jas415, my GUESS on that is the distributors (like dealers) get volume based on sales amounts. If distributor A averages 10,000 units of ML a month and distributor B averages 5,000 units, it only makes sense that A gets twice as many as B simply because the larger sales volume indicates larger customer base and larger demand. I would expect the same thing happens to the individual dealers. It doesnt make sense to send the same amount to the guy who sells 1 a month as to the guy who sells 1 a day.

jas415, I don't think anyone has ever thought you were anything except a normal detectorist. The shills and trolls are actually pretty obvious if you look at their post history. Only forum rules keep me from naming names.

I also think you pose an interesting question that when all is said and done I'd also be curious to know who got what when. (and I say that at risk of a certain dealer saying I have "an agenda" lol).

jas415 said:
So, Richard, a couple of questions, and I am NOT a whiner or toll. Anyway, assume Chicago Minelab got the shipment on Friday. Assume they ship out to all distributors next week, probably around Tuesday thru Friday, and there are maybe 5 national distributor. Assume again that each distributor will get an equal number of units, maybe on a dealer ratio. Distributor has 40 dealers and he gets "??" number of units. ,Maybe 3 per dealer??? Is that a reasonable idea? Or will the 'big' dealers get shipped more detectors based on their sales volume? Or does the distributor 'know' how many each dealer has that are prepaid and ships accordingly?

Just some idle questions and not intended to get into any whizzing contest.

Thanks

As a rule of thumb, I would think that the number of detectors received by a distributor would be based on previous volume. When initial shipments are smaller, each dealer on the pre order list will get one detector and then the rotation of the list will start anew. It is safe to assume that most dealers will get 1-3 detectors on the initial shipment. Big dealers, are not given favorable consideration when there is a release of a new machine. I can't speak for all distributors but I know mine is very considerate of each dealer.. With Anticipation, Richard

Now i know im in the back of the line Richard........so what kind of info do you have on shipments after that? Will they take a pause to see how the response is...... will they again ship a limited amount ..... or try to fill more of the orders next time..... and when is the next shipments?

dewcon4414 said:
Now i know im in the back of the line Richard........so what kind of info do you have on shipments after that? Will they take a pause to see how the response is...... will they again ship a limited amount ..... or try to fill more of the orders next time..... and when is the next shipments?

[size=large]Supposedly, Minelab is working as hard as possible to fill most of the demand this month. No pausing on their part.... full bore...
The factor to consider is that the introduction of the detector in some people's minds, has "dragged on for months" and those folks are concerned and so is Minelab.
This is simply an opinion but I don't think that ML realized that they would get the tremendous response that they did. There are literally 1000s of people waiting on
the release of this machine. I think that all will be well in a few weeks and the demand will have been met. Respectfully, Richard Backwoods Detectors
Please !! No flaming !!
[/size]

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:

Supposedly, Minelab is working as hard as possible to fill most of the demand this month. No pausing on their part.... full bore...
The factor to consider is that the introduction of the detector in some people's minds, has "dragged on for months" and those folks are concerned and so is Minelab.
This is simply an opinion but I don't think that ML realized that they would get the tremendous response that they did. There are literally 1000s of people waiting on
the release of this machine. I think that all will be well in a few weeks and the demand will have been met. Respectfully, Richard Backwoods Detectors
Please !! No flaming !!

Thank you Rich. Good information

I’m first on the list with my dealer and this is an email from them I received yesterday. I looks like the are only receiving one unit from this initial batch.
“Jeff,
Just got an email it looks like I will get mine in about a week or so. So no firm date but looks like it should be within the week or a little bit after. You get the one I am receiving so I will let you know as soon as I am told it is shipping to me.”

Richard........ its starting to feel like that annual wedding dress sale lol. Dont get in the way when the doors open. Its going to be interesting as these things roll out. Haters, lovers and fish tales. Those of us who didnt get one...... grab a chair i think we are in for some chuckles. Thanks Richard for the info........

Dew

Yep, the troll just cant stay away, even when he has no place or reason to be there.

Dew,

I am waiting to see how many will be for sale in the first couple of days, maybe in a week too. We have seen this many times on many forums over the years. I remember one on the Sovereign forum a few years back as a guy ask a lot of questions and ordered in one and the first day it was for sale on the classified as he tried it for a half hour and didn't like it. We told him that it take time before he bought it to get to know it.
I have seen this when the Explorer came out, then the Explorer 2 plus with the E-Trac it was even worst. Many think that when you get a new detector it should find everything others have miss the first time out when they don't even know how to use the detector. Many never read the instruction book either. So I am sure we will see this with the Equinox too as some will think if it don't find lot more that day that their other detector miss there has to be something wrong with it, they don't want to take the time to learn a new detector and feel that it should work like they want it too and not the operator learn what it was designed to do, even that happens to me after 45 years of detecting before I stop to realize I have to learn the way the detector is made to work.

Rick

LOL I was thinking the same thing silently thou lol.
I remember the SOV XS I bought one sold it,then bought one sold it and then traded for one and kept it.
Also the MX Sport was another one I sold that off real fast and just in time before the market got flooded with them.

Rick(ND) said:
Dew,

I am waiting to see how many will be for sale in the first couple of days, maybe in a week too. We have seen this many times on many forums over the years. I remember one on the Sovereign forum a few years back as a guy ask a lot of questions and ordered in one and the first day it was for sale on the classified as he tried it for a half hour and didn't like it. We told him that it take time before he bought it to get to know it.
I have seen this when the Explorer came out, then the Explorer 2 plus with the E-Trac it was even worst. Many think that when you get a new detector it should find everything others have miss the first time out when they don't even know how to use the detector. Many never read the instruction book either. So I am sure we will see this with the Equinox too as some will think if it don't find lot more that day that their other detector miss there has to be something wrong with it, they don't want to take the time to learn a new detector and feel that it should work like they want it too and not the operator learn what it was designed to do, even that happens to me after 45 years of detecting before I stop to realize I have to learn the way the detector is made to work.

Rick

Good post, Rick.

Definitely true. It takes awhile to learn a new machine, particularly the nuances associated with how a machine behaves over more challenging targets. It will be interesting to see the initial reactions to the machines, once they finally end up in peoples' hands.

Steve

Rick(ND) said:
..... Many think that when you get a new detector it should find everything others have miss the first time out when they don't even know how to use the detector. Many never read the instruction book either. So I am sure we will see this with the Equinox too as some will think if it don't find lot more that day that their other detector miss there has to be something wrong with it, they don't want to take the time to learn a new detector and feel that it should work like they want it too and not the operator learn what it was designed to do, even that happens to me after 45 years of detecting before I stop to realize I have to learn the way the detector is made to work.

Rick

Yep, I hate buying new detectors because you never know how bad the learning curve can sometimes be. I'm sure the people who stick with it will be loving it and there will be people who give up at the gate